The Student Room Group

I am always sleepy/tired

I am an 18 year old guy
I usually sleep between 1-3 am and naturally wake up around 6-7am
I go about my day normally and around 2-4 pm i get sleepy and take an hour nap when i get the chance
I am going to do my A2s this year so i need to sacrifice sleep to get the highest grades i can as there is alot of work i have to do
I have heard that exercising helps you feel less tired
And if i eat smaller meals will it help as i will be having a constant supply of energy
I had a blood test a few months ago and they said my iron levels are normal
What can i do to stop being so tired
This

You need around 8hours sleep every night, you are getting 6 tops. Naps dont count-no REM.
Parents and siblings think less sleep is better cause more revision time :sigh: but i am thinking how can i revise if my eyes are trying their hardest to close :lol:
Ok thanks :h:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Parents and siblings think less sleep is better cause more revision time :sigh: but i am thinking how can i revise if my eyes are trying their hardest to close :lol:
Ok thanks :h:

They are wrong. So so wrong.
Reply 4
Dude, just go to sleep at night whenever you feel tired and wake up every morning at a specific time (like 7am). Your sleep cycle should adjust after some days.
I am an 18 year old guy
I usually sleep between 1-3 am and naturally wake up around 6-7am
I go about my day normally and around 2-4 pm i get sleepy and take an hour nap when i get the chance
I am going to do my A2s this year so i need to sacrifice sleep to get the highest grades i can as there is alot of work i have to do
I have heard that exercising helps you feel less tired
And if i eat smaller meals will it help as i will be having a constant supply of energy
I had a blood test a few months ago and they said my iron levels are normal
What can i do to stop being so tired

:holmes:
and at 2-4pm that certainly isn't normal sleeping time.

Ok.
Science comin' at ya in 5, 4, 3..:

At 2-4pm the sun is highest and thus energy is highest. It's been said the greatest time to have sex and conceive is at 2-4pm. Also the best time to workout.
Soooo you're sleeping at a time when people are trying to muster up their last bit of energy at work/school and to commute home and then cook and deal with home stuff like coursework and helping kids or whatever. You need to push your sleeping times back a couple hrs and then you won't need a kip at midday when you're meant to have the most energy. :yy:
I had a **** sleeping pattern for like a yr and just fixed it last night. See right now I'd be napping or dying to get home and nap. But when I looked at the clock this morning I woke up at 1am and was like, No. Not acceptable. Back to bed. Normally I wake up at 1am and that's it. I get up and crash too early, and wake up too early again and again. Well today I made myself sleep till 7am and woke up nice and refreshed and should go to bed tonight at a normal time.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
:holmes:
and at 2-4pm that certainly isn't normal sleeping time.

Ok.
Science comin' at ya in 5, 4, 3..:

At 2-4pm the sun is highest and thus energy is highest. It's been said the greatest time to have sex and conceive is at 2-4pm. Also the best time to workout.
Soooo you're sleeping at a time when people are trying to muster up their last bit of energy at work/school and to commute home and then cook and deal with home stuff like coursework and helping kids or whatever. You need to push your sleeping times back a couple hrs and then you won't need a kip at midday when you're meant to have the most energy. :yy:

Exactly old people nap at 2-4 usually
Wow did not know that haha
Ok will start sleeping at 11 now to attempt to fix my sleeping pattern
I had a **** sleeping pattern for like a yr and just fixed it last night. See right now I'd be napping or dying to get home and nap. But when I looked at the clock this morning I woke up at 1am and was like, No. Not acceptable. Back to bed. Normally I wake up at 1am and that's it. I get up and crash too early, and wake up too early again and again. Well today I made myself sleep till 7am and woke up nice and refreshed and should go to bed tonight at a normal time.

I also wake up mid sleep it is so annoying as once i get up i cant sleep again most of the time
Ok glad to hear :h:
Exactly old people nap at 2-4 usually
Wow did not know that haha
Ok will start sleeping at 11 now to attempt to fix my sleeping pattern

I also wake up mid sleep it is so annoying as once i get up i cant sleep again most of the time
Ok glad to hear :h:

lol at old people & I'm just like you, you just gotta train your body to sleep and stay asleep, it's so possible :yy: it's really important, my sleeping pattern affected my moods and performance and relationships. I'd be like too sleepy to get up and help out my mum, even if she needed me for stupid ****. Or having a horrible temper like "leave me the **** alone! I'm tired!!!" lol and not like being with my girl and mates cuz I'm napping. Or missing work. Or feeling like **** while there like I work front desk at a hotel/longterm residency and I was so beat one day and a woman comes in and screams at me for not having her box of medicine sent to her room. :colonhash: Thankfully my supervisor is my mate and didn't yell at me, he just interceded and took care of it. Anyway just saying it's important especially if you've got school coming up.
lol at old people & I'm just like you, you just gotta train your body to sleep and stay asleep, it's so possible :yy: it's really important, my sleeping pattern affected my moods and performance and relationships. I'd be like too sleepy to get up and help out my mum, even if she needed me for stupid ****. Or having a horrible temper like "leave me the **** alone! I'm tired!!!" lol and not like being with my girl and mates cuz I'm napping. Or missing work. Or feeling like **** while there like I work front desk at a hotel/longterm residency and I was so beat one day and a woman comes in and screams at me for not having her box of medicine sent to her room. :colonhash: Thankfully my supervisor is my mate and didn't yell at me, he just interceded and took care of it. Anyway just saying it's important especially if you've got school coming up.

Ok will try and close my eyes again when i wake up mid morning instead of watching youtube on my phone :lol:
Ok will try and close my eyes again when i wake up mid morning instead of watching youtube on my phone :lol:

loool
Its very simple, go to bed at 11pm and wow you're fixed! :')

Quick Reply

Latest