The Student Room Group

Sharing Economics resources

Hi,

Currently stressing about starting A2 economics course. My school doesn't have great resources to access on virtual learning platforms or moodles that I hear other schools have. Is anyone willing to share their login details so I can access Economics resources from other schools? Happy to email back some good revision guides that our teacher has produced.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Bee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Waleed007
Hi,

Sir Munawar Ghazi, the most renowned teacher of A level Economics in Karachi, Pakistan. If you guys want to purchase his notes. then PM me. I'm Selling them at a cheap price. Here are the samples so that you guy could get an idea about the notes. Price is negotiable.

I will buy your notes for AS.
I am willing to pay 7 USD for them. ( AS only )
Original post by geetu123
I will buy your notes for AS.
I am willing to pay 7 USD for them. ( AS only )

Sure, you can PM me for further details
A2 more snaps. If you guys really need an A* then go through these notes.
Only 130 pages..
Reply 4
Your notes are good but here are a few notes for people who can't afford to pay.........
Credits - tutor2u.com
What about AS? I am self-teaching myself this year and could really do with suggestions on notes and resources
Reply 8
Sure, you can PM me for further details

Never mind mate. I found quite a few online that are free and match your quality of notes (which is very good), but the more important part is they are non-rivalrous and non-excludable in consumption, just like public goods. Right, sir?
Reply 9
Original post by jayjaybear65
What about AS? I am self-teaching myself this year and could really do with suggestions on notes and resources

http://beta.tutor2u.net/economics/blog/unit-2-macro-key-term-glossary
http://econsguide.blogspot.hk/2011/12/list-of-definitions-for-unit-2-managing.html
http://www.cram.com/flashcards/edexcel-economics-unit-2-definitions-4753540

These really sum it all up for Unit 2. I will send more if you want them.
I suggest you read WSJ, the Economist and TIME or anything to broaden your horizon for Unit 2 too.
And of course, read the British perspective from the Guardian and Huff.
I have posted resources for Unit 1 above.
Never mind mate. I found quite a few online that are free and match your quality of notes (which is very good), but the more important part is they are non-rivalrous and non-excludable in consumption, just like public goods. Right, sir?

That matches quality notes online on INTERNET? Wow mate!
As I said your choice :smile:
If you guys can rely on internet then, why teachers are here?
Quality matters the most.
If you find Internet better (which I don't think it is) then sure you can download and study from internet junk notes :smile:
There is no issue for me. Cause I hawe a page on facebook and I'we sold these notes to many students.

Cheers!
Secondly they're detailed notes
with proper explanation with examples and graphs
You might be a good teacher in Karachi but I don't think anyone can match Geoff Riley's notes. (who is a teacher at Eton College, mind you). One doesn't need good notes to learn, one needs the passion to learn.
Look at this guy, he won the javelin competition by just watching YouTube videos.

http://www.businessinsider.com/julius-yego-javelin-thrower-taught-himself-by-watching-youtube-2015-8

I may not be the best student but if you proclaim to be a student of the best and renowned educator, why not answer the question on non-rivalry?
Clearly you care less about Economics and more about converting Sterling pounds into Pakistani rupees.
No hard feelings from my side but your notes are the same thing as the ones I have given, because you clearly didn't even open the link and read them.
They too, have (not hawe) 'proper explanation with examples and graphs'.
Cheers
P.S. Not hating bro, just stating.
(edited 8 years ago)
You might be a good teacher in Karachi but I don't think anyone can match Geoff Riley's notes. (who is a teacher at Eton College, mind you). One doesn't need good notes to learn, one needs the passion to learn.
Look at this guy, he won the javelin competition by just watching YouTube videos.

http://www.businessinsider.com/julius-yego-javelin-thrower-taught-himself-by-watching-youtube-2015-8

I may not be the best student but if you proclaim to be a student of the best and renowned educator, why not answer the question on non-rivalry?
Clearly you care less about Economics and more about converting Sterling pounds into Pakistani rupees.
No hard feelings from my side but your notes are the same thing as the ones I have given, because you clearly didn't even open the link and read them.
Cheers

I'm not a teacher.
I'm his student.

Cheers

I got an A* in Economics
You can't compare someone with anyone.
If that's the case. if internet notes are free and all then I'd hawe learned from them. but I beliewe Internet notes are junk. No offence. Reality is there.

Cheers

bro, you liwe your life on assumptions!
It's shear luck what you'we mentioned.
Ewen bill gates failed his exam. and now what? he is the CEO.
Lastly, I'd say they're paid notes.

Yeah but public goods lead to market failure (missing markets) as noone wants to pay for the good :smile:

Economics jokes aside, i would say be VERY careful which sources you get your content from as some websites have very small errors which can ruin your whole analysis chain when it comes to the exam.

I would recommend Economicshelp.org it has 90% of the AS/A2 content and it simplifies everything :smile:
Original post by A level sufferer
Yeah but public goods lead to market failure (missing markets) as noone wants to pay for the good :smile:

Economics jokes aside, i would say be VERY careful which sources you get your content from as some websites have very small errors which can ruin your whole analysis chain when it comes to the exam.

I would recommend Economicshelp.org it has 90% of the AS/A2 content and it simplifies everything :smile:

Mate can I ask you something?
Mate can I ask you something?

Go for it

Quick Reply

Latest