The Student Room Group

Lexus RCF or the Audi RS5?

Hi,

I've recently experienced both the RCF and the RS5, and I think they're both stunning in every way.

Since I'll soon have a company car, I just want a "toy" which I can use for social purposes.

Which one would you go for?
(edited 8 years ago)
The Audi
RS5, I just love the way Audi's look especially their led lighting system.
The Audi has Quattro 4WD which gives it a traction advantage and makes it better for British weather. It's also quite understated.

On the other hand, the Lexus has more power and torque, as well as a more playful RWD chassis. Personally I think it looks a lot crazier than the Audi, which you may/may not think is a good thing.

It depends on what you mean by "toy", and how many heads you want to turn.
Original post by shaymarriott
The Audi

Hmm, any particular reason why?

Original post by Most Competitive
The Audi has Quattro 4WD which gives it a traction advantage and makes it better for British weather. It's also quite understated.

On the other hand, the Lexus has more power and torque, as well as a more playful RWD chassis. Personally I think it looks a lot crazier than the Audi, which you may/may not think is a good thing.

It depends on what you mean by "toy", and how many heads you want to turn.

If it helps, I don't intend to burn rubber on track days. I just want a fun car that can get you from A to B quickly.

I'm not too bothered about the difference in power/torque, because the Lexus didn't feel a whole lot quicker in a straight line.
Original post by Indeterminate

I'm assuming you live in the UK...

The Audi lends itself to a more broad range of conditions so you'll be able to use it more often.
Original post by Indeterminate

If it helps, I don't intend to burn rubber on track days. I just want a fun car that can get you from A to B quickly.

Just remember that, if you get the Lexus, it'll be harder (and riskier) to have fun in bad weather.

Other than that, it's down to you. I've driven the Audi (my cousin had one), and it's AWESOME value for money imo.

I'll be the first to understand if you choose the Lexus based on its looks, or if you think it's more "exclusive".
Original post by shaymarriott
X

Original post by hihihihihi
X

Original post by Most Competitive
X

Thanks for the input guys. Unfortunately, even though the RS5 is still listed on their website, Audi *might* have already ended its production, because there's a new A5 range due in 2016. My Audi dealer said he'd double check and get back to me, but I haven't got a good feeling about this :frown:

However, it's not all bad news. Since I'm now not too keen on the Lexus, I've decided to wait for this car to go on sale if I'm unable to get the Audi.

Quick Reply

Latest