The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Sport Village/Centre Gyms?

Hey,

I've been going to the gym for about 3 months now, and want to continue going once I go to Uni. I was wondering if anyone goes to the gyms at the York Sport village or sport centre, and which one is better?

The Sport Village is closer to my accommodation but if the Sport Village gym is better then I'll probably just get a bike and cycle there.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Lighfy
Hey,

I've been going to the gym for about 3 months now, and want to continue going once I go to Uni. I was wondering if anyone goes to the gyms at the York Sport village or sport centre, and which one is better?

The Sport Village is closer to my accommodation but if the Sport Village gym is better then I'll probably just get a bike and cycle there.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi there,

As you said, there are two gyms on campus:

York Sport Centre - Heslington West campus - 70 work stations + weights area

York Sport Village - Heslington East campus - 120 work stations + weights area

The Sport Village is a much newer gym with more equipment and also has the added benefit of a swimming pool. However, the membership is cheaper for the Sport Centre (with it being smaller and not as new) but you do get the benefit of racquet facilities and the athletics track.

Both sites have fantastic facilities, it just depends on what you equipment/facilities are of interest to you and also the location but you can get a joint membership for both gyms.

I hope that helps,

Helen
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi there,

As you said, there are two gyms on campus:

York Sport Centre - Heslington West campus - 70 work stations + weights area

York Sport Village - Heslington East campus - 120 work stations + weights area

The Sport Village is a much newer gym with more equipment and also has the added benefit of a swimming pool. However, the membership is cheaper for the Sport Centre (with it being smaller and not as new) but you do get the benefit of racquet facilities and the athletics track.

Both sites have fantastic facilities, it just depends on what you equipment/facilities are of interest to you and also the location but you can get a joint membership for both gyms.

I hope that helps,

Helen

That's great. Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending