The Student Room Group

Has this decreased or increased my risk of catching a coldsore?

My boyfriend kissed me several times when he had a cold sore (on days 1 and 5 of it) it was hard to notice as he has stubble. I'm worried I've caught it off him but I didn't want to offend him by not kissing. After he kissed me I when to the toilet and ran water in my mouth and over my lips and wiped them with toilet role, did this on both occasions he kissed me. Of course it would have make more ****ing sense not to kiss at all but I'm stupid and not assertive!

I'm wondering though would wiping my mouth etc get rid of the virus on my lips or just make my risk worse by spreading it across my lips lol. My lips felt sore from wiping them.

Stupid question but I'm curious to know :/
It doesn't work like that, "spreading the virus across your lips".
But did you remember to disinfect your lips with Dettol tho?

Sounds like you're okay OP, just don't freaking kiss him again. He'll understand.
Reply 3
Original post by RainbowKiwi
But did you remember to disinfect your lips with Dettol tho?

Sounds like you're okay OP, just don't freaking kiss him again. He'll understand.

Well I was concerned that with rubbing my lips (they now feel sore) I might have just rubbed away protective skin/ left microscopic cuts or something that the virus can get into, that's the stuff that went through my mind ha. Dettol no, could have done with tcp tho!

Quick Reply

Latest