The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Churchill College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
hmm, i have been put in this college, through an open application.
Anyone else for Philosophy?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 81
OK, so I'm really confused and need to ask a few questions...
So, I'm an open applicant for MML and my UCAS application has gone to Churchill. Anyways, they sent me an e-mail with details about sending off essays to them, but it's a generic email so I was a bit confused as to whether they actually want me to send them now!

-Do you have to wait for them to specifically tell you personally to send essays or is this email already telling me to send them?

-It says for MML (French and German) I should send three essays, including at least one essay written in each of the languages studied at A-level (or equivalent), and one essay (written in English) from any arts subject. So that's one essay for French, and one for German, but I don't do another arts subject (my third subject is psychology). So what essay written in English would they want me to send? Would a psychology essay be ok?? (I'm thinking it wouldn't:confused: )

-Also, it says 'please send to the College four copies of the relevant essays.'. Does that mean send 4 copies of each of the 3 essays (so 12 in total??)

-Final question. What kind of essays do they mean, I really haven't written anything this year that would be good enough to send, maybe a few past paper questions (Discursive essays), but I don't know if it would be of the right standard.

Sorry for long post, I'm a bit worried because I haven't finished my SAQ yet!
Reply 82
Churchill ftw!

I'd agree with the above, email [email protected] and ask. Failing that, I could ask my MML friend what he had to do last year.
Reply 83
Oh sorry, here's exactly what it said:
SUBJECT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS

Please read the information below relating to your chosen course carefully, and make sure to note if you are required to send us any work in advance of interview.

If your subject requires you to send written work, please send to the College four copies of the relevant essays. They should all be photocopies of ordinary school or college work (not specially prepared essays) and should include teachers’ comments and corrections. These essays will form part of the selection process and any applicant who fails to submit them in good time may suffer some disadvantage. Please attach the cover sheet enclosed with this email to each copy of your work that you submit.

The essays should be despatched as soon as possible, to reach us no later than Friday 7th November 2008.

As you can see it's not really that clear on whether they are specifically asking me to send my essays now, as it's a generic e-mail.

And thanks SunderX, I guess i'll have to e-mail them and ask about the essay in English. But if you could ask your friend that'd be helpful too :smile:.
Reply 84
Well it says you have until the 7th Nov and should despatch them as soon as possible, so it seems like they want you to send them as soon as possible and before the 7th Nov
Reply 85
http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/the_college/info/contact.php, you probably want the Admissions Administrator.
Reply 86
rkd
http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/the_college/info/contact.php, you probably want the Admissions Administrator.

:ditto:

stevenage! :eek:
Reply 87
By the 4th of November? Crikey that's like on Tuesday! I'm also applying to Churchill, and on my cover sheet for submitted written work, it says the deadline is the 7th of November,:confused:
Reply 88
josht111
As part of my application to Cambridge i must send some exemplar work off to Churchill by the 4th. However no-one has given me an address to send it to?!! Just wondering if anyone that has already sent it off may know it.

Many Thanks In Advance

What course are you going for?
Reply 89
Do any of you know when Churchill will be sending interview dates mails or emails? Just wondering, but I'm a bit obsessed with it so if any of you know and could tell me, thanks.
Reply 90
Yeah same.

A friend of mine recieved an interview date recently, but i think he went in for open application. Still, whether i've been called back or not, any respsonse at all would be nice!

**waiting**

Someone put me out of my misery. >.<;
Reply 91
im not going back home after tomorrow morning until sunday. im going to be thinking about interview notifications all weekend :frown:
Reply 92
Yeah, me too... maybe monday will be the day...
I'm getting hysterics. If they don't answer with interview dates soon I'm gonna go mad because they don't, but if they do I'm gonna go mad because I've got a set date before which I have to read LOADS of things... so, I'M PANICKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think I received my interview date via post until the 30th November (last year) - the same day I received my BMAT results.
Reply 94
-SIGH-

Still nothing today -_-;

Jason2k6101
I don't think I received my interview date via post until the 30th November (last year) - the same day I received my BMAT results.

ORLY? 30th November? Ohhh maaan, thats still way too long to wait! Considering that interviews are in mid december...
Floofy
-SIGH-

Still nothing today -_-;

ORLY? 30th November? Ohhh maaan, thats still way too long to wait! Considering that interviews are in mid december...

My interview was on the 4th of December, which gave me VERY little short notice! Imagine how extortionate the train fare was...
Reply 96
What about EU students? I mean, for you guys it's a train fare but for me it's a plane ticket, that can ammount to 400 pounds or more if it´s very short notice!!! I'm just wondering if you know... Still panicking.
Reply 97
^ Try not to panic too much, Puck. I got my letter today, so you'll be recieving your soon i think!

It was a rejection, BTW. lol. PHEW, that takes a lot off my mind. I was missing a natsci at at least an AS grade, which they "highly desired", so i didn't stand much of a chance anyways.

Ahh well, Bristol or Birmingham here I come!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE! :woo:
Reply 98
Thanks for the information. I'm sorry, honest. I would have liked everyone on this thread to get an interview, especially after the long time they're making us wait...
Anyway, still waiting. Hope you're right, and I'll get my letter soon.
Reply 99
Same here, i havn't heard anything either

Quick Reply

Latest