The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr.Spock
Cool same :biggrin: Ohh I love London :P What made you choose Bristol?

Love the city of Bristol! And the uni looked great in the open day, why did you pick it?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Oh nice :smile: what made you choose Bristol?

London universities are really expensive. Seriously ASTRONOMICAL. And I went to Bristol as part of a into university scheme and absolutely fell in love with the city.
Original post by Magawengway
Love the city of Bristol! And the uni looked great in the open day, why did you pick it?

Same, the city looks lovely and so many people I know who went there / UWE ended up living in Bristol afterwards because they loved it so much :P plus I love the tutorials they do for maths (not sure whether they do them for all subjects?) Where else did you apply? :smile:
Original post by tedible
London universities are really expensive. Seriously ASTRONOMICAL. And I went to Bristol as part of a into university scheme and absolutely fell in love with the city.

Yeah I ruled out London because my brothers at UCL and he still has to rely on the bank of mum and dad for everything :P
Yeah I ruled out London because my brothers at UCL and he still has to rely on the bank of mum and dad for everything :P

Yeah relying on parents is not an option for me so I kinda had to move out, that and I've had enough of London and the pointless search for jobs that already have 400 people on the waiting list
Original post by tedible
Yeah relying on parents is not an option for me so I kinda had to move out, that and I've had enough of London and the pointless search for jobs that already have 400 people on the waiting list

Oh right.. :/ I want to be financially independent so I'm trying to get a job in Bristol at this secondary school but Bristol is quite expensive so I'm not sure I will manage it :P Yeah my brother tried so hard to get a job in the first few years but he's given up now :/
Same, the city looks lovely and so many people I know who went there / UWE ended up living in Bristol afterwards because they loved it so much :P plus I love the tutorials they do for maths (not sure whether they do them for all subjects?) Where else did you apply? :smile:

I kinda had a Geography day there (guess was a tutorial :P) I applied for Cambridge for geography and Exeter, St. Andrews and Birmingham for Ancient History :smile: Where else did you apply?
Hey, I have a question regarding the gym basically what's the difference between gym (residences) and those with gym (off peak + peak) ? Also, I intend just to use the gym facility (free weights) instead of swimming and that does that mean I still have to get active plus ? ( I want to use it anytime during the opening hours)
I kinda had a Geography day there (guess was a tutorial :P) I applied for Cambridge for geography and Exeter, St. Andrews and Birmingham for Ancient History :smile: Where else did you apply?

Cool, I had a maths day there and we had a couple of lectures and a tutorial on the various degrees on infinity and it was just so interesting I got hooked :P I applied for Bath, Edinburgh, Leeds and Cardiff all for pure maths :smile:
Cool, I had a maths day there and we had a couple of lectures and a tutorial on the various degrees on infinity and it was just so interesting I got hooked :P I applied for Bath, Edinburgh, Leeds and Cardiff all for pure maths :smile:

Wow, whenever I meet someone whose good at maths I just think they are so smart haha, I'm terrible at it :P I do like the sound of that tutorial though, sounded interesting :smile:
Wow, whenever I meet someone whose good at maths I just think they are so smart haha, I'm terrible at it :P I do like the sound of that tutorial though, sounded interesting :smile:

No no no the real geniuses are the people who have to form opinions on stuff :P maths is easy, I don't have to memorise anything, I can derive it if I need to and there's no dispute on the answer :P It takes real skill to write a good essay or justify your own opinions :biggrin: you're the clever one here :P It was so interesting I didn't want to leave (I'm such a nerd..) :wink: why did you apply for both Ancient History and Geography? :smile:
No no no the real geniuses are the people who have to form opinions on stuff :P maths is easy, I don't have to memorise anything, I can derive it if I need to and there's no dispute on the answer :P It takes real skill to write a good essay or justify your own opinions :biggrin: you're the clever one here :P It was so interesting I didn't want to leave (I'm such a nerd..) :wink: why did you apply for both Ancient History and Geography? :smile:

Guess we're both smart in different ways :smile: I love Ancient History and I was set on doing it at Uni since year 11, but I had a spare two university places on my UCAS application and I thought I'll put down Geography courses because I started liking the subject a lot in year 13, turned out being the right choice :P What type of accommodation did you get?
Guess we're both smart in different ways :smile: I love Ancient History and I was set on doing it at Uni since year 11, but I had a spare two university places on my UCAS application and I thought I'll put down Geography courses because I started liking the subject a lot in year 13, turned out being the right choice :P What type of accommodation did you get?

Yeah I think you're right :smile: Oh right, so was your personal statement Ancient History orientated? I was set on doing economics since about year 9 but I changed my mind at the last moment :P So what is it you love about Geography so much? I got a single room with a basin in old quad :biggrin: :P you?
Yeah I think you're right :smile: Oh right, so was your personal statement Ancient History orientated? I was set on doing economics since about year 9 but I changed my mind at the last moment :P So what is it you love about Geography so much? I got a single room with a basin in old quad :biggrin: :P you?

I split my personal statement in two! at least it worked haha, I just really love the human side of Geography in general :P I got a single ensuite, not sure where, guessing XYZ?
I split my personal statement in two! at least it worked haha, I just really love the human side of Geography in general :P I got a single ensuite, not sure where, guessing XYZ?

All the ensuite rooms are in UVW I think, I'll be there too (:
Original post by danielcs
Yep, got a room in XYZ.

Ah nice, I got a room in UVW (: where are you from then? And what are you studying? (:
I got a shared room at wills but don't know what block I'm gonna be in. I'm assuming it's old quad but it didn't say on my offer
Original post by tedible
I got a shared room at wills but don't know what block I'm gonna be in. I'm assuming it's old quad but it didn't say on my offer

Shared rooms are always old quad; it will either be D(?) or I block too :-) I block tends to be male and vice versa.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 218
Hey just wondering if any of you guys have been buying any tickets for the freshers week events? If so which ones? Thanks!
Original post by CarlaJ
Hey just wondering if any of you guys have been buying any tickets for the freshers week events? If so which ones? Thanks!

Don't buy any tickets. Wait until you get to Bristol then buy tickets from your JCR/The Union

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending