The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Random_PC_Errors
Don't buy any tickets. Wait until you get to Bristol then buy tickets from your JCR/The Union

That makes more sense - thanks.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Don't buy any tickets. Wait until you get to Bristol then buy tickets from your JCR/The Union

No disrespect to the person who asked the question, but I wonder how many times you will have to say that before freshers week is over and done with.
Original post by HarleenQuinzel
No disrespect to the person who asked the question, but I wonder how many times you will have to say that before freshers week is over and done with.

At least 3000. Perhaps 4000 to be safe.

The same thing's been happening on the UWE freshers threads but I really can't be arsed to go help them out as well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PhophieRovers
Ah nice, I got a room in UVW (: where are you from then? And what are you studying? (:

Toronto, I'll be studying law.
At least 3000. Perhaps 4000 to be safe.

The same thing's been happening on the UWE freshers threads but I really can't be arsed to go help them out as well.

I'll help out with letting people know. I'd hate it if I didn't get told that tickets are mostly a waste of time and money.
Original post by HarleenQuinzel
I'll help out with letting people know. I'd hate it if I didn't get told that tickets are mostly a waste of time and money.

Someone told me at the last minuet which saved me a lot of money. If I hadn't had been told I to would have lost money. I feel that it's only fair to let others know!
Anyone waiting for 4th September?
anyone know if the badock, non-basin rooms have any mirrors in them?
Original post by hexagonalRod
Anyone waiting for 4th September?

Me! It feels like we've beenwaiting for ages, I just wanna know which accomodation we got now..
Original post by alliah208
Me! It feels like we've beenwaiting for ages, I just wanna know which accomodation we got now..

Same... Was Bristol your insurance?
Original post by hexagonalRod
Same... Was Bristol your insurance?

Yup. Just missed put on my offer for ucl, but kinda happy i get to go to bristol 😎 which course you doing?
When do people plan on moving into Unite House? The 12th or 19th or somewhere in-between/after?
Original post by 000alex
When do people plan on moving into Unite House? The 12th or 19th or somewhere in-between/after?

i think you get allocated a time slot dude
why is he uni gym so expensive to use it during anytime of its opening hours? TheGym and PureGym are a lot cheaper and open 24/7; downside is that they don't have swimming pool... which I don't mind
Hello I am sorry if this is kind of offtopic but i did not know where else to ask. Has anyone completed the online registration yet because I just tried and it says that I am not eligible to register online? I am an EU student and my course is Accounting and Finance. Should I call them because tomorrow I am going on a vacation and I won't be able to complete the registration by the deadline if I dont do it today?
Anyone else try to register online yet?
Mine just says "You are not eligible to register online"
Original post by tedible
Anyone else try to register online yet?
Mine just says "You are not eligible to register online"

Yes I just posted about it :biggrin: I hope that its just that the form hasn't been activated yet and it will be fixed later today
Original post by mihaelast
Yes I just posted about it :biggrin: I hope that its just that the form hasn't been activated yet and it will be fixed later today

Same. I think it might be active from 08:00 UK time
Original post by justmichael
i think you get allocated a time slot dude

I don't know if that's right… it doesn't sound like the most practical approach. If you're paying for tenancy from the 12th then you certainly should be able to move in on the 12th.

Edit: I suppose that for the majority of halls which will start tenancy on the Saturday before Welcome Week, it's a good way to make sure not everyone is trying to move in at the same time but it would be a bit strange to insist you pay for a week of tenancy when you are absolutely not allowed to have moved in. I hope that makes sense.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alliah208
Yup. Just missed put on my offer for ucl, but kinda happy i get to go to bristol 😎 which course you doing?

Ooh UCL would've been so good, my cousin is starting there this September! I am on a really stupid course yourself??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending