The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just recieved an offer for Hiatt baker (self-catered) but got given the 'townhouse' instead of the en-suite. Does anyone know what the difference is (apart from the lack of en-suite)...I just hope it isn't primarily for mature students and too secluded...
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
Original post by Pabbb
Just recieved an offer for Hiatt baker (self-catered) but got given the 'townhouse' instead of the en-suite. Does anyone know what the difference is (apart from the lack of en-suite)...I just hope it isn't primarily for mature students and too secluded...

Haha! A lot of people on here hoping for relentless noise it seems!!

They are the same price. The town houses have a different layout and are self-contained houses (instead of flats). You get a slightly bigger room and a bigger bed I believe (might be wrong 😆) than the ensuites. 😊

You trade an ensuite for more space, basically!
Got manor hall!!!!
Original post by Magawengway
Congrats! What course you doing?

Thanks! I'm doing Cancer Biology and Immunology :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Im there too! It wasnt one of my options at all and i wanted to be closer to the city but oh well. Hoping its not as unsocialble as people say though, want a good freshers at the very least
Does anyone know why the arrival dates for Durdham and Churchill are Friday 18th when everywhere else is Saturday 19th/Sunday 20th?
Original post by PhophieRovers
Thanks! I'm doing Cancer Biology and Inmunology :smile:

Nice! It's great knowing a few more people in our hall :h:
Original post by weevilface
Does anyone know why the arrival dates for Durdham and Churchill are Friday 18th when everywhere else is Saturday 19th/Sunday 20th?

Not sure if there is a difference but Waverly house has tennancy dates running from 12th - not sure if they give out seperate move in dates/times so they can deal with numbers though. You definitely won't be the only one there if you go on the Friday or anything like that.
Original post by Uni96
I am there too, it wasn't any of my preferences and I have also heard the same. I am hoping its not true but your right it all depends on the people there.

I'm there as well. I've talked to some people and I'm now feeling pretty positive about it despite some early worries. I'm sure it'll all work out since it is meant to be lovely accommodation regardless of rumours that it's quiet.
Thanks! I'm doing Cancer Biology and Inmunology :smile:

I'm a second year of the same course - you made a good choice. :tongue:
Original post by ssargithan
For self catered, will we get pans, dishes, plates and like tin openers or do we need to get them?

You definitely need to get those yourself. The only thing they will provide is things like a kettle, toaster, microwave, etc. Try not to buy things that are particularly expensive because there is a chance that they will get used by those you're sharing a kitchen with.
Original post by spleenharvester
I'm a second year of the same course - you made a good choice. :tongue:

Oh awesome! Where do you live then? :smile:
Oh awesome! Where do you live then? :smile:

I've moved to a flat in the city centre - before that I was at Manor, and before that I was at University Hall, haha.
Reply 33
I've moved to a flat in the city centre - before that I was at Manor, and before that I was at University Hall, haha.

You swapped mid year? How come? Was it easy to approach the accommodation office?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arty
You swapped mid year? How come? Was it easy to approach the accommodation office?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really hated UH, and pretty much everybody I hang out with lived at Manor or somewhere nearby.

The accom office are very accommodating (...sorry) when it comes to stuff like this - I didn't get moved until halfway through the year because of the temporary sharer situation though, but hopefully that doesn't become a thing this year.
Reply 35
I got a place at Manor Hall 😊 Did everyone receive emails from the university with their accommodation offer? I never got one but it was updated on my VIP page which I've since accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maarg13
I got a place at Manor Hall 😊 Did everyone receive emails from the university with their accommodation offer? I never got one but it was updated on my VIP page which I've since accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember there being a thing with this last year. Some people got both emails and offer on site, some people only got emails for a while, some only got an offer without an email. Probably nothing to worry about.
Reply 37
I remember there being a thing with this last year. Some people got both emails and offer on site, some people only got emails for a while, some only got an offer without an email. Probably nothing to worry about.

Okay; thanks for reassuring me. I was worried I might not receive the online induction email now but I've received plenty of emails from them in the past so I'll just see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maarg13
Okay; thanks for reassuring me. I was worried I might not receive the online induction email now but I've received plenty of emails from them in the past so I'll just see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It took a couple of days for some people's to come through if memory serves. You can always give them a ring if you want to double check.
When's everyone booking flights for? Or even going to Bristol? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending