The Student Room Group

How hard is fp2 compared to fp1?

^^
Much harder for OCR MEI not sure about the others, FP1 is like the very first introduction and FP2 involves much harder conccepts.
For Edexcel, FP1 is fairly easy, so if you compare the two FP2 is a lot harder. It's probably the most difficult module I did in Further Maths, but not impossible to do well in.
Reply 3
Massive difference. It starts off nice and easy with C3 modulus functions and then a little bit of FP1 in methods of differences, but after that you encounter the real mass of FP2... That being said, I really do enjoy it quite a bit.
I did both this year. While FP1 took me 2 weeks to learn, complex transformations in FP2 took my 6 months!

A big difference, but FP2 is a lot of fun! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was taught FP1 in school and it is fairly easy - proof by induction might be the worst but nothing too bad.

I self-taught FP2 which is a fair bit harder and requires a solid knowledge of C3 and C4; complex transformations are very tricky and polar coordinates can be difficult. However, series, inequalities, Taylor's series and first and second order DEs aren't too bad once you get the hang of them. FP2 requires more time and practise but isn't all that bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
FP2 is harder. By a long way i think. That said, FP1 is easy though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest