The Student Room Group

Do you want a serious relationship at uni?

I feel like most guys just wanna get laid as much as possible lol

Scroll to see replies

I would like a serious relationship.. why not?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

I guess the guys who just want to get laid probably didn't get enough during sixth form..

Why do you ask?
Yeah you can't get a serious relationship if the other person isn't trying
Reply 4
Original post by kandykissesxox
I would like a serious relationship.. why not?

I think lots of people get into long term relationships with someone that they have met in university so you've got a good chance :smile:
Maybe. Maybe not. I'm sure I'll be very busy then so if I were to be with someone who's like minded and also had their own things to do it would be nice. :smile:
Original post by hol918
I think lots of people get into long term relationships with someone that they have met in university so you've got a good chance :smile:

Haha thank you! :colondollar:
Considering my parents met at uni and are still married.

:dontknow:

It's the prime time for guys to get laid as much as possible. Lots of parties, clubbing and other alcohol fuelled activities and they are surrounded by young women who are often into hooking up themselves. It's the best time for them to sew the wild oats. When I was in uni I dated a graduate instead who was a lot more tame :smile: I purposely went to day time meet ups (a weekend cinema group) to find him. My advice OP if you want something serious don't be afraid to look off campus. I'm not saying that some guys at uni don't want more but looking outside will increase your chances.
Reply 9
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Considering my parents met at uni and are still married.

:dontknow:

Different generation entirely!
Original post by jazjaz

Not really. Some fo them were on the tail end of hippy culture. Free love and all that.That was when the concept of getting married to the first person you found or slept with kind of died.They invented this **** :tongue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_revolution
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by jazjaz

Better generation though? :yep:
Nah, I'd rather enjoy uni without the drama.
I would like to get into a serious relationship just for the banter.

But yes, I'll keep looking at uni. :flute:
That's very true...I just wanted to know if guys felt the same about serious relationships as girls do and it seems from your story ~ they do 🙌 wish you the best in your relationship!
It's the prime time for guys to get laid as much as possible. Lots of parties, clubbing and other alcohol fuelled activities and they are surrounded by young women who are often into hooking up themselves. It's the best time for them to sew the wild oats. When I was in uni I dated a graduate instead who was a lot more tame :smile: I purposely went to day time meet ups (a weekend cinema group) to find him. My advice OP if you want something serious don't be afraid to look off campus. I'm not saying that some guys at uni don't want more but looking outside will increase your chances.

Thank you for the tips!
yeah sure why not :smile:
I assumed that OP was a male and so was only asking specifically about guys to compare to himself...I didn't think he was making a stereotype
Yes, I want a serious one with suits, black ties and highly formal language.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending