The Student Room Group

To those who have had Jaw Surgery - help I need advice

So... I'll be having a jaw surgery for my overbite and I've been told that it takes around 4 weeks to recovery (not fully) but quite a bit. I'll be having the surgery on the 18th September this year where they'll break my jaw etc etc xD

The problem is... I'll also be going to University this year on 28th September. And from what I've been told, the first week of University is absolutely, without a doubt, super important...

So the question is: do you think 10 days is enough for me to be sorta "feeling okay" to actually go?

I'm really worried because I received a letter from university showing my timetable for the first week and how I MUST attend everything on it so I'm afraid of missing it. I've also asked my orthodontist whether I could change the date for the surgery and she said no because I'll look different and it's best to start university after having the surgery and everything (which I do agree with). I daren't ask her anything else because she really hates it when it comes to changing appointments lol.

Help? xD :afraid:
It'll be best to speak to your University, they may be able to offer you support for your first few weeks whilst you recover and keep you up to date on anything you miss in the first few weeks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest