The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think out of those Warwick probably has the best reputation of CS.

People with CS degrees could earn in to 7 figures. But they could also be unemployed. The same could be said of people with no degree at all.
Reply 2
Is warwick in the top 5 for cs?
Reply 3
jesus_navas
Is warwick in the top 5 for cs?

that would depend on which university guide you looked at and for which year. The top unis are pretty close in terms of reputation and so there wont be a distinctive clear ranking of which is "best" every time (although Cambridge & Imperial are consistently the top unis).

This year, the times ranked Warwick at number 10 for CS. It's definitely a top uni for the subject.

Out of the three, I would put them in this order:
Warwick
Durham
Leeds

but I would probably choose Durham as I don't really like how Warwick sounds as a place to live.
I would rate both Durham and Warwick considerably higher than Leeds.
Reply 4
how come you havent applied to either off them then?
Reply 5
jesus_navas
how come you havent applied to either off them then?

Well for one, I wasn't confident of getting a place at a top uni. Most of my choices are slightly lower Unis. I applied to York as my "good" Uni (the times ranks it #4 this year) not expecting to be given an offer, but didn't want to "waste" any more places on good unis in case I didn't get any offers. Now I kind of realise this was stupid, I should have been more confident, etc, etc.

Also, as I have said, I was put off Warwick by hearing what it was like as a place to live (my uncle studied there for a time and hated it). I didn't want to apply to Durham because it is too close to home.
Reply 6
Warwick > Durham > Leeds
Reply 7
put these in order as to how good they are for cs

Warwick,durham.liverpool,manc,reading and leeds
Reply 8
Warwick > Durham > Manc > others
Reply 9
jesus_navas
put these in order as to how good they are for cs

Warwick,durham.liverpool,manc,reading and leeds

Warwick
Manchester
Durham
Liverpool
Leeds
Reading

(the last two I don't know much about though, so it's mostly guesswork. They could easily be better than liverpool)

Latest

Trending

Trending