The Student Room Group

Ema

Im not sure if this will get moved, probably. (EDIT: General Seconday, obviously. Thanks mods :3)

I go to college and Im ellegible for EMA, we have to get our tutors to sign a sheet every week saying that we were present in the lesson. Simple enough, huh?

I remember at the start of my course, giving in an old EMA form and it being accepted. The week before half term, I give in one 2 weeks old, and they say they can't take it.

Its not that I forget to give them in, its just that the people that accept EMA forms go home 15 minutes before college ends, so I end up with an extra EMA sheet.

Can they do this? This piece of paper is worth £20 to me, and I really need it for travel fares. Ive lost out already on £60 this way. Is it their right to just reject it, or are they doing it for their own convenience? I was on the EMA website, but it didn't say anything on the subject.

Thank you for your help.
Reply 1
Good god, how complicated is that system?

All I have to do is turn up and I'm automatically tracked, registered and EMA is authorised. On the rare occasions when something goes wrong, we simply have to submit an explanation of absence to the attendance officer, who fixes it. They usually do that for at least 3 weeks after the date in question, so you probably have a case.

If all else fails, you could fill in an appeals form.
Reply 2
Its the same two week rule at my college , my friend regularly forgets and always looses out - you would think she would learn, bless her!
My sixth form are pretty lenient with it, as long as the weekly signed sheet is handed in by the end of term its accepted.

Latest

Trending

Trending