The Student Room Group

Will it be possible to resit OCR AS history??

??
(edited 8 years ago)
You should be allowed to resit.

It may just be your school/college that aren't willing to fund your retake of the exam.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
You should be allowed to resit.

I don't see why I wouldn't be able to (surely the exam boards won't just leave us without an opportunity to), but my teacher seemed very sure on the matter :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It may just be your school/college that aren't willing to fund your retake of the exam.

The school does allow resits, our results skip came with a letter saying that they will be available, it was just the specific teacher who said we can't

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did OCR history and apparently we can resit? I'm not going to, but people in my class who got Ds are planning to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelthehuman
I don't see why I wouldn't be able to (surely the exam boards won't just leave us without an opportunity to), but my teacher seemed very sure on the matter :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I added another part to my previous post haha!

And sometime there are schools that won't allow you to resit if you've attained a C/D grade or above. Best to get it settled when you're in school and are able to speak to your teacher face-to-face rather than over email.
Of course you can, just tell your school you will pay for it. If they say its impossible stand up for yourself because they are talking out of their behind.
Original post by HenryKenry
Of course you can, just tell your school you will pay for it. If they say its impossible stand up for yourself because they are talking out of their behind.

Believe me, I wouldn't let the school stop me from resitting when the resit is available on the exam board. Maybe my teacher got some wrong info from somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, I added another part to my previous post haha!

And sometime there are schools that won't allow you to resit if you've attained a C/D grade or above. Best to get it settled when you're in school and are able to speak to your teacher face-to-face rather than over email.

Oh! I thought my iPod had gone funky :P
Ah okay, I don't think Mir. Would do that because some people last year got Cs and Bs and were able to resit. I think my teacher must have gotten confused or been told wrong info.

That's what I will do, I know I am more than capable of getting more than a C and so does my teacher. Tbh I don't think what I did deserved such a low grade, I thought it was my best exam. I would consider a remark but those are a bit risky :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelthehuman
I want to resit one of my history exams as I got a C in it (as opposed to the A in the second exam) but my teacher told my class that it will not be possible for us to resit either of our exams next year due to the changes in the AS syllabus and exam. Is this true? I would have thought that OCR would provide resit opportunities for those who just sat the AS...

Posted from TSR Mobile

your teacher is a lying bitch lol, all exam boards are producing a set of papers for the purpose of resits, speak to your head of year about it

Quick Reply

Latest