The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Doesn't bother me personally because it's spelt "Turbonegro" not "Turbo Negro". Actually, but then even so if it was spelt as the latter it wouldn't bother me really. It's like someone calling themselves "Fastcrackas" or "Speedpaki"
Probably.
idek who they are. and judging by the image that's up I don't wanna click and find out what the lyrical content is like.
Negro literally means black, as in the color (in Spanish). Negro is not a racial slur, mostly:s-smilie: We have a black candy called Negro in my country. Call me back when they're called Turboniggers.
Original post by Novascope
Doesn't bother me personally because it's spelt "Turbonegro" not "Turbo Negro". Actually, but then even so if it was spelt as the latter it wouldn't bother me really. It's like someone calling themselves "Fastcrackas" or "Speedpaki"

wth would Turbo Negro mean? what is it?
I've heard much more "offensive" band names. Usually people aren't as concerned with the band names as their message (or more often, what people think their message is)

As a band turbonegro aren't bad. I don't really have an opinion on them beyond that.
Original post by driftawaay
Negro literally means black, as in the color (in Spanish). Negro is not a racial slur, mostly:s-smilie: We have a black candy called Negro in my country. Call me back when they're called Turboniggers.

OH!! OH!! :eek4:
Original post by Manitude
I've heard much more "offensive" band names. Usually people aren't as concerned with the band names as their message (or more often, what people think their message is)

As a band turbonegro aren't bad. I don't really have an opinion on them beyond that.

I've heard Unkle Cracker. :nah: Some others as well, help me out.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
wth would Turbo Negro mean? what is it?

Idk... But writing it as Turbo Negro instead of Turbonegro makes the negro bit stand out which could offend people
I'm black and I find it more hilarious than racist 😂😂
Reply 11

wait a minute...from my very elementary knowledge of german, "schwartz" means black in that language, but then are you saying that "negro" literally means black in spanish...? so does that mean that arnold schwarzenegger's surname is the blackest concept known to man/woman?
living up to your name I see xD

But no, the name of a band doesn't effect how I see their music. The lyrics of a song probably would (if they were ****) but I couldn't care less what the band's name was.
Idk... But writing it as Turbo Negro instead of Turbonegro makes the negro bit stand out which could offend people

oh i thought it was a thing they were referencing. that reminds me of "coloured people" being offensive as opposed to "people of colour." Interesting :holmes:
Reply 14
or "Speedpaki"

I'm crying
Forgot to mention we also have a black cookie called Negro Kiss in my country. :s-smilie: Hungary is so racist!
Wikipedia tells me they chose the name because it was more commercially friendly than Nazi Penis.

There are worse band names out there. Anal **** for example.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Forgot to mention we also have a black cookie called Negro Kiss in my country. :s-smilie: Hungary is so racist!

they named a cookie a racist name? well they shouldn't have got so hungry

Spoiler

Reply 18
Original post by Quantex
Wikipedia tells me they chose the name because it was more commercially friendly than Naxi Penis.

There are worse band names out there. Anal **** for example.

to be completely fair to them, anal **** aren't really all that bad
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by flamboy
they named a cookie a racist name? well they shouldn't have got so hungry

I'll be here all night, folks

i bet you will

Latest