The Student Room Group
kill it and and sell the ivory....................

use zovirax or something oh and dont go down on anyone youl give them herpes
Reply 2
I tried using Blistex Relief Cream today. It says "Medicated relief for occasional cold sores" but all it managed to do was inflame my lip more. These cold sore healing creams are all scams and don't work!
Reply 3
I agree. In my experience, cold sore creams have only worsened the situation. Given that in this country you cannot take any oral medication without prescription (there are some great tablets in places like India, but there's probably a reason they're not freely available here!), there's not much you can do. Cold sores usually go away within a couple of days, particularly if you are able to rest (i.e. sleep 8+ hours a night).
i love blistex!!! i mean it works wonders!! it stings but that means its working. everytime i get a coldsore i use it and it gets rid of it so quickly!! or if i feel 1 coming on i use it and it prevents it from showing!
Reply 5
see i have the same problem as you. i get coldsores and they swell twice the size of my lips... i usually use zvorax but that's used when i feel a tingle... there is a new cream out that u use when it has come up... cant remember then name.
Reply 6
Supplement your diet with L-Lysine 500- 1000mg daily it's an amino acid that can inhibit cold sore outbreaks. It's also found in eggs, potatoes, and dairy products

Avoid foods high in L-Arginine, such as peanuts, rice, and chocolate.
They trigger outbreaks because the herpes virus requires arginine to replicate.

Lysine prevents Arginine from getting into the bloodstream.
Reply 7
Thornit! It's great stuff, google it. It's ment for animals ears but lick your finger and put some thornit on the finger (it's a powder) then dap it onto the cold sore...next thing you know...gone! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Stop being such narcissistic waifs and just get on with things. They'll deflate in a manner synonymous with your egos after anybody actually has the gall to comment on the small foetus that you claim so adamantly is growing on the surface of your skin.x
Reply 9
I had a coldsore like that a few weeks ago, they are so horrible and painful! i used a cream called cymex, which was good, and only about £3. zovirax is best for when feel the coldsore coming. my spanish flatmate said to put lemon on, but that just hurt!
Reply 10
I had a very bad cold sore a few weeks ago, it spread and I ended up with a couple. I actually tried four different things on my cold sores, what you use is completely up to you but sadly these things take a week or two to disappear but any swelling should go down in a few days.

I actually used blistex on my cold sore to begin withm I found it very useless and when the tube was finished, I decided not to buy it again.

I then went on to use good old zovirax which actually made my lips worse for some reason, used it plenty of times and never had that problem before.

I was left without cream for about two days so used a little bit of tea tree oil on my cold sore. It's very painful, it tastes disgusting and you smell rather horrible but it helped with the pain side of my cold sore which was good.

After trying all those things, I actually went to the chemist and the woman recommended me Aciclovir, which is pretty much the same as Zovirax. I found that really helped with the cold sores that I had left and I personally will be using that from now on.

Best thing to do is use Zovirax or Aciclovir, very similar apparently and probably two of the best creams for cold sores. You could also just nip into your local chemist and they will show you the products which the have and probably recommend something. Just be careful with your cold sore, no kissing, oral sex and don't share glasses/bottles with other people. Make sure your hands are always clean, wash them before and after you apply any cream to them so that it doesn't spread!
Reply 11
Dont wear lip gloss or lipstick until its gone, as this may spread the coldsore.
Reply 12
Will I get food poisoning if some of that stuff fell into my food?
Reply 13
Very unlikely. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending