The Student Room Group

AS retake

Hi, this isn't really a study question. I got a C in physics in AS and I'm stuck at whether I should resit both the modules for physics along with my A2 exams or not, because one of my friends resat 4 modules (chesmitry and maths) and he got worse grades than his AS grades in A2. So I'm a bit scared of whether I should just work really really hard in A2 or retake?
Reply 1
Original post by ridazdi
Hi, this isn't really a study question. I got a C in physics in AS and I'm stuck at whether I should resit both the modules for physics along with my A2 exams or not, because one of my friends resat 4 modules (chesmitry and maths) and he got worse grades than his AS grades in A2. So I'm a bit scared of whether I should just work really really hard in A2 or retake?

it depends on your aims really. If you need to go to a top uni and need an A in physics then you should retake. This is since you can still get an A* but you'd need 95% avg in your A2 which is a big ask for even the best of students. It also depends on the workload of your other subjects and if you need to resit them as well. My advice would be to go for it and resit. Despite the extra work you just have a couple more exams as long as you revise throughout the year so you distribute your workload. You could just resit 1 module if you flunked one, but it seems like you had 2.
Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by kennz
it depends on your aims really. If you need to go to a top uni and need an A in physics then you should retake. This is since you can still get an A* but you'd need 95% avg in your A2 which is a big ask for even the best of students. It also depends on the workload of your other subjects and if you need to resit them as well. My advice would be to go for it and resit. Despite the extra work you just have a couple more exams as long as you revise throughout the year so you distribute your workload. You could just resit 1 module if you flunked one, but it seems like you had 2.
Hope this helps.

Being predicted A from C possible?
Reply 3
Original post by SCAR H
Being predicted A from C possible?

maybe, if its a high C and if you need it to apply, persuade your teachers.
Reply 4
I got an A in the second module but a low D in the first so I was thinking whether I should retake or not. You're right, but the thing is my teacher said even it I don't retake it's okay. I need a B overall in physics to get to my too uni choice. What grade do I need in A2 to achieve this overall grade with a C in AS? Btw thank you so much for your advice! 😁😁
Reply 5
Original post by ridazdi
I got an A in the second module but a low D in the first so I was thinking whether I should retake or not. You're right, but the thing is my teacher said even it I don't retake it's okay. I need a B overall in physics to get to my too uni choice. What grade do I need in A2 to achieve this overall grade with a C in AS? Btw thank you so much for your advice! 😁😁

what is your current ums? This will tell u what u need
Reply 6
Original post by kennz
what is your current ums? This will tell u what u need

Also I'm in a similar situation, I got a high B in my first and then a high D in my second but got full marks in my coursework so I got a B overall. I'm gonna retake the one I got a D in as for me to get an A at A2 I need to get 90% avg at A2 to get the ums so I can either get an A* or B without retaking. I'd say retake as its only one exam and a C or above is a really good grade in physics😊
Reply 7
Ohh okay. I honestly dislike physics so much 😂 I want to get a B overall at a level for physics so that means I need to get an A in A2? I'm so bad at physics that that seems a bit impossible but I'll have to work harder obviously. Thank you so much for your help! It's actually made me feel relaxed because I was worrying like nuts before

Quick Reply

Latest