The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lukemurp890
His behavior is generally very disturbing. His attitude towards FuriousPete's cancer, and his death threat towards MrRepzion to name just a few.

Nothing wrong with he's response to furious pete's cancer. I agree with VG
Reply 21
Original post by SCAR H
1. Mmmm, being a bodybuilder doesn't mean you eat lettuce and beans everyday (going back to your previous post).

2. Cancer is preventable. Eating 15 lbs of butter and crazy **** he does will only attract cancer cell growth.

3. I am sure you cannot find studies with citation showing 'an american standard diet' (ie red meat) compared to a vegan diet is ANY better in preventing ANY conditions/dieases.

4. Yes. Ok. People of all background die of cancer etc. Being vegan doesNT cure cancer. However, studies showes people on a plant based vegan diet are found to have to LOWEST risk of CANCER.

Where did I say not being a bodybuilder meant you eat beans? I said I don't want to eat lettuce exclusively as an example.

He doesn't eat 15lbs of butter every day you ****ing crumpet. Your using VG lame ass argument now.

Am not American so I don't give a ****. But if meat, eggs and dairy were having that much of a concentrated and derogatory effect on the publics well being, it would not be sold and mass produced.

Yes, and that lower cancer risk is not worth eating a vegan diet for the rest of your life just because it MIGHT prevent cancer. Millions of people live til 80, 90, 100 years old, eat meat and don't get cancer.
It shocks me how much he cares about the stuff he talks about.
Reply 23
His behavior is generally very disturbing. His attitude towards FuriousPete's cancer, and his death threat towards MrRepzion to name just a few.

He's clearly a well read and educated lad, but the way in which he is promoting veganism is totally out of order. I would eat more meat just to piss him off.

Yeah I seen the video of the live stream he did, saying he wanted to slash MrRepzions throat with his ****ty flick blade knife.
Reply 24
Original post by NotNotBatman
It shocks me how much he cares about the stuff he talks about.

That's because he's got a screw loose. He thinks he sees aliens FFS.
Original post by SCAR H

The way in which he approached the situation was overall quite vicious. 'At least you can't make fallacious comments on my videos when you're dead'. A pretty sly thing to say to somebody suffering from cancer.
Reply 26
The way in which he approached the situation was overall quite vicious. 'At least you can't make fallacious comments on my videos when you're dead'. A pretty sly thing to say to somebody suffering from cancer.

Yeah we he said was out of order albeit funny. He clearly suffers from aggressive behaviour
Original post by TwinnyP
He's clearly a well read and educated lad, but the way in which he is promoting veganism is totally out of order. I would eat more meat just to piss him off.

Yeah I seen the video of the live stream he did, saying he wanted to slash MrRepzions throat with his ****ty flick blade knife.

Happyhealthyvegan does a very good job of putting across the vegan message, he presents objective facts in a calm, respectful manner. Generally if you want to convert somebody to a certain lifestyle, trying to anaogonise them is not the way to do it.
Original post by SCAR H
Yeah we he said was out of order albeit funny. He clearly suffers from aggressive behaviour

I respect the fact that he uses objective evidence to back up his points, (includes references to the studies the information is from). But his general belligerence and sociopathic nature are very unsettling.
Reply 29
Happyhealthyvegan does a very good job of putting across the vegan message, he presents objective facts in a calm, respectful manner. Generally if you want to convert somebody to a certain lifestyle, trying to anaogonise them is not the way to do it.

Is that the Asian guy and his blonde wife? They are far more relaxed, and it's sad because I think they understand that VG is actually promoting veganism, but damaging it's reputation at the same time.
Original post by TwinnyP
Is that the Asian guy and his blonde wife? They are far more relaxed, and it's sad because I think they understand that VG is actually promoting veganism, but damaging it's reputation at the same time.

Yeah that's them. They talked about VG in one of their videos, pretty much saying that they don't agree with how he puts his message across. You can tell they don't like what he's doing, even though they were being incredibly polite about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Yeah that's them. They talked about VG in one of their videos, pretty much saying that they don't agree with how he puts his message across. You can tell they don't like what he's doing, even though they were being incredibly polite about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I also seem to remember the blonde woman doing an interview with VG over webcam. She asked him alot of questions about the socio-path thing and he just arrogantly shrugged it off. She was laughing / giggling alot, which I feel was either down to nervousness of not being able to predict his response, or absolute disbelief at the answers he eventually was giving.
Reply 32
Original post by SCAR H

Since you haven't replied to my last post. I would like your opinion on this outrageous and careless eating prank. Over eating is going to give him cancer a 3rd time if he keeps this up.

[video="youtube;WFf2fgeWjlg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFf2fgeWjlg[/video]
Reply 33
Original post by TwinnyP
Since you haven't replied to my last post. I would like your opinion on this outrageous and careless eating prank. Over eating is going to give him cancer a 3rd time if he keeps this up.

[video="youtube;WFf2fgeWjlg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFf2fgeWjlg[/video]

Yeah ive already watched it.

Mmmm, this is obvs not as bad as the eating challenges he does. To name a few: 20 avocadoes(8,000 in one sitting), 14 cupcakes in one sitting, 10lb meat challenge. If anyone eats two lettuce heads, they may just feel bloted for the day but thats it.

What dont you comprehend?
Reply 34
He is mental and I dislike his style, but I can't stop watching him.
Reply 35
Original post by SCAR H
Yeah ive already watched it.

Mmmm, this is obvs not as bad as the eating challenges he does. To name a few: 20 avocadoes(8,000 in one sitting), 14 cupcakes in one sitting, 10lb meat challenge. If anyone eats two lettuce heads, they may just feel bloted for the day but thats it.

What dont you comprehend?

Read my last post. That will give you more context. Ta.
Can't wait to see what he has to say about Elliot Hulse :s-smilie:
Original post by SCAR H
Yes furious pete is dying of cancer due to his rubbish lifestyle of idiotic eating. Studies show 95% of cancer is environmentally triggered (ie what you expose your body to). Vegan gains preaches none but truth.

No they haven't. Youve pulled that figure out of somewhere very dark.

Cancer has a very strong genetic component whilst life style cancers typically show in middle age/ later life. Not 27 ffs.

Original post by SCAR H
I'll comment on each of your paragraph.

1. He makes 'gym' videos. He's not a bodybuilder. And i'd find it hard to believe he eats well 95% of time just because he said so. People consider eggs to be healthy, but whilst it's nutritionally ok, it's linked to many chronic conditions.

Not anymore, there's a massive body of research proving the opposite.

3. Agree or not, whole food plant based vegan diets improves longevity, risk of diabetes and cancer etc. They're studies which show this.

Never shown in humans

Diabetes primary cause in adults is generally insulin resistance secondary to obesity.
Cancer there is no proof what so ever.

Original post by SCAR H
1. Mmmm, being a bodybuilder doesn't mean you eat lettuce and beans everyday (going back to your previous post).

2. Cancer is preventable. Eating 15 lbs of butter and crazy **** he does will only attract cancer cell growth.

3. I am sure you cannot find studies with citation showing 'an american standard diet' (ie red meat) compared to a vegan diet is ANY better in preventing ANY conditions/dieases.

4. Yes. Ok. People of all background die of cancer etc. Being vegan doesNT cure cancer. However, studies showes people on a plant based vegan diet are found to have to LOWEST risk of CANCER.

2) doing an eating challenge a month at 27 does not give you cancer. Prove it.

3) Iron deficiency lolol
Whilst large red meat consumption is a risk factor for mainly colon cancer, eating vegetables is a reducer.

4) there's no proof of that statement. You're just vomiting banana bitch/ vegan stains and their lack of evidence

Original post by SCAR H

Your lack of empathy is disgusting

Shame they've been aggressive in their point making about Pete's cancer and fully support vg. Making them hateful individuals

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is the first video that made me lose respect for Vegan Gains :angry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv3MlJ9Cheo
Reply 39
I would just like to point out that Furious Pete had cancer before he ever started competitive eating - he had testicular cancer which resulted in him having a testicle removed. What he is going through now is a resurgence of that same cancer in his lymphatic system.

There is no connection between his occasional competitive eating and his cancer. Competitive eaters do not eat that way all the time; they train by drinking large amounts of water.

Latest