The Student Room Group

I think I am developing an inferiority complex after I obtained AAB at alevel ...

I know deep down my grades are fine, and I went to a rubbish school where anything above a C is considered an 'excellent' grade according to their website BUT ...
I want to cry whenever I hear of someone getting AAA - A*AA ( above that I just think they're so much cleverer than me I could never have possibly even competed or compared myself with them, or they went to an amazing school)

It doesn't help I was so close to an A in the B subject ( which I did get remarked but it stayed the same)

I feel like i deserved AAA and now I'm stuck with AAB for the rest of my LIFE!! 😡
Original post by Anonymous
I know deep down my grades are fine, and I went to a rubbish school where anything above a C is considered an 'excellent' grade according to their website BUT ...
I want to cry whenever I hear of someone getting AAA - A*AA ( above that I just think they're so much cleverer than me I could never have possibly even competed or compared myself with them, or they went to an amazing school)

It doesn't help I was so close to an A in the B subject ( which I did get remarked but it stayed the same)

I feel like i deserved AAA and now I'm stuck with AAB for the rest of my LIFE!! 😡

You'll probably get over this in a few years time, your results are AMAZING :biggrin: As for the B, people just did better than you, and sometimes you just need to accept that. Maybe they worked harder or are naturally smarter or luck was on there side in the exam, but you did your best. I presume your doing a degree? Well, try get a first in that, your A levels don't define what you can do. :smile:
Reply 2

Spoiler

Seriously, unless it stopped you from going to a particular university, it doesn't matter. Move on with your life.
Reply 3
If it helps, I'm curb stomping on test results from my peers at Uni who got around A*A*A in their A levels; and I got no where near that. No where. Getting good A levels doesn't mean you're smart
Me too I hate my life so much I got AAB at a level which at the time was good enough for medicine (2009) and I decided to apply for it during a gap year but the entry requirements went up to AAA in all the medical schools and I was gutted!! AAB ruined my life!!!! A* didn't even exist when I took my A levels. Now I have a rubbish life and job I will forever be bitter!
Reply 5
Me too I hate my life so much I got AAB at a level which at the time was good enough for medicine (2009) and I decided to apply for it during a gap year but the entry requirements went up to AAA in all the medical schools and I was gutted!! AAB ruined my life!!!! A* didn't even exist when I took my A levels. Now I have a rubbish life and job I will forever be bitter!

Woah, that's bad :frown:
i got AAA at a level, i was so close to A*AA which annoys me, everyone is always gonna want the grade above, the next, step, to do that little bit better, (why not 5A*s?) but at the end of the day you should be proud of what you've achieved
(edited 8 years ago)

I think I'm in the same situation as you... I got A*A C when I needed a A*AB to get into nottingham or exeter university.. got rejected from both... and I was only 2 ums from a B...
Reply 8
Original post by Bustamove
I think I'm in the same situation as you... I got A*A C when I needed a A*AB to get into nottingham or exeter university.. got rejected from both... and I was only 2 ums from a B...

Did you get a remark?
Ikr, I got AAAA back when the dinosaurs were still around and since the A*s have come in I've started to feel so inadequate haha
Reply 10
I got AAB and developed a superiority complex lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
In the long haul it doesn't really matter. Employers won't really care, uni matters much more and nobody sensible is going to look down on you for those grades. And you having worse A level grades relative to someone else doesn't say that they're more intelligent than you or that they're more hard-working than you or lead to any large conclusion of that nature. It just means they performed better in some exams. A-levels offer a very small glimpse into someone's abilities and work ethic.

edit: I should also add that feelings of inferiority or envy or desire for greater achievement are common everywhere There will be people who got grades like BBB who feel inferior to you. There will be people who got CDE and feel inferior to them. There will be people who got A*A*A and feel inferior to those who got 5A*s or whatever. Some of those with 5A*s will probably end up feeling inferior when they are outperformed in university.
(edited 8 years ago)
Did you get a remark?

yea, it stayed the same :frown: absolutely gutted... **** you AQA xD
I'm starting year 13 but I really feel the same too! I always feel inferior to people who do better than me at school, are most people like this? I'm disappointed with my grades this year :frown: and btw your grades are awesome I really want to get that next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gees I got C E and D but didnt fret over it just got on with life. I got what i wanted in the end though did an access course got all distinctions and now have a place to study physio.

Worrying solves nothing action does.
Original post by Pulse.
I got AAB and developed a superiority complex lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol
Reply 16
It's totally natural to compare yourself to other people, and (unless you're a genius, which most teenagers feel they ought to be), there will always be someone better. However, your A-level results won't be on your gravestone - you'll be remembered for what you've done with your life.

I got unusually good A-levels, and now I'm stuck as a 2:1 graduate, no idea what to do, whilst all my school friends have firsts / successful careers, because they were more mature than me and did what they really wanted to do in life. That's all that really matters. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest