The Student Room Group

Uni of Manchester or KCL for economics?

KCL seems to be more prestigious, but I think Manchester is better for economics?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think KCL does straight economics only economics with something. In which case Manchester may be better, however since both institutions are Russell group you can't really go wrong, just need to decide whether you would prefer to live in London or Manchester.
KCL does Economics and Management which means you'll do management modules too. It depends on whether you mind learning about management.

Although if you have Investment Banking in mind, you might want to go for KCL.
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
KCL does Economics and Management which means you'll do management modules too. It depends on whether you mind learning about management.

Although if you have Investment Banking in mind, you might want to go for KCL.

Not entirely true since Manchester places well for IB too. KCL's only advantage over Manchester is its location. I don't think it is more prestigious, they're probably equal - only by chance if it is mistaken for the cambridge college
Original post by Mike_123
Not entirely true since Manchester places well for IB too. KCL's only advantage over Manchester is its location. I don't think it is more prestigious, they're probably equal - only by chance if it is mistaken for the cambridge college

Oh right, my mistake :colondollar:
It's just on IB threads, I see King's being in the list of semi targets and it's location in London being near the Square Mile would be good for IB.
Reply 5
Not sure but all I know is KCL is miles better than Manchester for getting into investment banking.
Original post by Buses
Not sure but all I know is KCL is miles better than Manchester for getting into investment banking.

Where did you hear that from?
To the OP, I would choose Manchester.
Reply 7
Manchester is good for getting into IB too. Also, do we know that OP wants to get into IB? OP wants to know which is better for Economics. As KCL doesn't do straight Economics, I would have to go with Manchester. Unless you want to do Economics + Management or PPE, then go with KCL.

Also, take into consideration the location of the universities, living costs, etc. Both are great universities!
UPPP
KCL now offers a BSC in economics for 2017 entry

Quick Reply

Latest