The Student Room Group

Anyone else super excited to go back?!

I'll be starting VI Form in five days from today, which is very exciting.

Are you excited to return to school? :teehee:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maria G Agnesi
I'll be starting VI Form in five days from today, which is very exciting.

Are you excited to return to school? :teehee:

I'm starting sixth form on Tuesday :afraid:
I won't be returning to my school as it doesn't have a Sixth Form :frown: but I'm looking forward to my new school. Really excited but nervous :h: are you staying with your current school?
Original post by katycheung
I'm starting sixth form on Tuesday :afraid:

Hehe. Try to enjoy it as much as you can. I'm pretty nervous too actually, but it takes a few weeks to get used to things.

I won't be returning to my school as it doesn't have a Sixth Form :frown: but I'm looking forward to my new school. Really excited but nervous :h: are you staying with your current school?

I won't be staying with my old school. I'll be moving. :lol:

What subjects are you taking?
Reply 3
I'm starting next Friday and I'm excited to finally use all the new stationary I bought. :h:
Hehe. Try to enjoy it as much as you can. I'm pretty nervous too actually, but it takes a few weeks to get used to things.

I won't be staying with my old school. I'll be moving. :lol:

What subjects are you taking?

Yeah, it's a big jump but hopefully it won't be too bad if we stay on top of work and get focused on the first day :biggrin:
Ah, so that means meeting new people!
I'm taking Maths, French, Economics and English Literature and Language. What about you?
Excited to start uni, for sure. Although I wish I was back in school with the old crew :moon:
Yeah, it's a big jump but hopefully it won't be too bad if we stay on top of work and get focused on the first day :biggrin:

Exactly. I think the teachers exaggerate the difficulty of VI Form anyway. :teehee:

Ah, so that means meeting new people!

Probably the hardest part, if anything. There are many new people joining though, so it shouldn't be too bad. :h:

I'm taking Maths, French, Economics and English Literature and Language. What about you?

Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology. :smile:
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Excited to start uni, for sure. Although I wish I was back in school with the old crew :moon:

I'm sure once you start university, you won't miss your old friends at all.

People say you have the best fun at university. :tongue:
You get to move out of your own home and live in halls or in an apartment and stuff - which means you'll be more independent and so on.

It's definitely way better. :lol:
Exactly. I think the teachers exaggerate the difficulty of VI Form anyway. :teehee:

Probably the hardest part, if anything. There are many new people joining though, so it shouldn't be too bad. :h:

Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology. :smile:

Definitely, but I think they just believe it'll encourage students to work hard from the beginning instead of taking it easy (in which case it'd probably seem like a hard two years). :s-smilie:
Yeah, that's true. The sixth form I'm going to has a lot of external applicants so I won't feel so lonely xD
And wow, those are some really impressive and loaded subjects! :cute:
I'm sure once you start university, you won't miss your old friends at all.

People say you have the best fun at university. :tongue:
You get to move out of your own home and live in halls or in an apartment and stuff - which means you'll be more independent and so on.

It's definitely way better. :lol:

I'll be living with my parents during my university years (at least to begin with...).

And no, we've had some fun years in school, a part of me will always remember. :yy:
(edited 8 years ago)
Definitely, but I think they just believe it'll encourage students to work hard from the beginning instead of taking it easy (in which case it'd probably seem like a hard two years). :s-smilie:

True. I think they want their students to do well too. :yep:

Yeah, that's true. The sixth form I'm going to has a lot of external applicants so I won't feel so lonely xD

It might be easier to befriend the people who are completely new than the people who have been there since Year 7. :wink:

And wow, those are some really impressive and loaded subjects! :cute:

:biggrin:

Your subjects would be quite difficult for me if I had to take them, I'd say. :colondollar:
True. I think they want their students to do well too. :yep:

It might be easier to befriend the people who are completely new than the people who have been there since Year 7. :wink:

:biggrin:

Your subjects would be quite difficult for me if I had to take them, I'd say. :colondollar:

It's a shame some students don't take the advice though..:s-smilie:
I hope so xD although, I met some really nice people on my pre induction days (especially when I arrived at my Economics class alone and recognized no one :afraid:) They were super welcoming.
Really? I'm much better at essay based subjects i would have to say though, so everyone is different! :h:
It's a shame some students don't take the advice though..:s-smilie:
I hope so xD although, I met some really nice people on my pre induction days (especially when I arrived at my Economics class alone and recognized no one :afraid:) They were super welcoming.
Really? I'm much better at essay based subjects i would have to say though, so everyone is different! :h:

Yeah. It depends on how well you want to do, etc.

I have a couple of 'induction' days, so I don't think we'll be doing any actual work. It will just be meeting people and maybe having taster lessons. :mmm:

I don't hate essay subjects, but I wouldn't say I prefer them over something like maths. :biggrin:
I'm interested in seeing how many people are coming back to Y13 in my year. As I've heard quite a few people got annihilated in their AS levels (I didn't do much better), and aren't allowed to come back. The school can only blame themselves, many of the ones knocked out were people who didn't meet the requirements of 5 GCSEs (inc Maths+English) but were pushed through anyway. They weren't prepared for A levels and it showed.

I'm not sure how the school grant system works but I'm pretty sure the school gets more funding the more people enrol in 6th form, so they push as many people as they can through in Y11
Yeah. It depends on how well you want to do, etc.

I have a couple of 'induction' days, so I don't think we'll be doing any actual work. It will just be meeting people and maybe having taster lessons. :mmm:

I don't hate essay subjects, but I wouldn't say I prefer them over something like maths. :biggrin:

I only have one induction day on the 1st of September. We met new people and had taster lessons on the 2 pre induction days in June/July after out GCSEs. :h:

I'm definitely better at essay based subjects but I don't mind Maths. Nervous that I won't be any good at A level Maths...:afraid:
Original post by aamirac
I'm starting next Friday and I'm excited to finally use all the new stationary I bought. :h:

I can't wait to use my coloured pens and my new stationary either :laugh:

I am a mixture of nervous and excited to go back, i don't like change though and although i am at my schools sixth form i was enjoying year 11 and now everything is different (new forms, new teachers etc). I am excited to do the subjects that i love tho (get to do art everyday :biggrin:) and i am happy i no longer have to do maths or spanish ever again :u:.
I only have one induction day on the 1st of September. We met new people and had taster lessons on the 2 pre induction days in June/July after out GCSEs. :h:

I'm definitely better at essay based subjects but I don't mind Maths. Nervous that I won't be any good at A level Maths...:afraid:

if it is any consolation (im sure you will be great btw :h:) i am absolutely certain that you will be much better at Alevel maths that i would have been :smile:
I cant wait to go back to college
I start on the 14th though
I really want to start learning again and being more social in sixth form

Oh, that's quite good. I haven't formally met any people in person yet. :teehee:

I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:
Everyone is quite nervous to start with anyway.
Original post by CoolCavy
if it is any consolation (im sure you will be great btw :h:) i am absolutely certain that you will be much better at Alevel maths that i would have been :smile:

Aha, I'm sure you would have done fine :biggrin: What A levels are you doing/have you done? I notice that you mentioned your excitement at using new stationary!! I think that's the best part of every new school year :cute::excited:

Quick Reply

Latest