The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy Personal Statement.

Hi, I'm writing my personal statement for SLT entry 2016 and to save the characters in my personal statement I have been referring to it as 'SaLT' or 'SLT' is this wrong? I don't know if I should just be writing 'speech and language therapy' ? Thanks xx
Reply 1
Abbreviations do get some people's backs up. Bear in mind that it can be a little jarring reading the statement when you're having to deduce whether you're referring to the profession, the practitioner or something else. It may be that you can just rewrite the sentence to avoid using it and it might be that you end up writing a better personal statement because of it. Do feel free to PM me if you like and I can take a look at what you've got written so far.
Reply 2
Original post by giella
Abbreviations do get some people's backs up. Bear in mind that it can be a little jarring reading the statement when you're having to deduce whether you're referring to the profession, the practitioner or something else. It may be that you can just rewrite the sentence to avoid using it and it might be that you end up writing a better personal statement because of it. Do feel free to PM me if you like and I can take a look at what you've got written so far.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it, I will definitely send you what I have completed so far :smile:
Original post by Flossymay
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it, I will definitely send you what I have completed so far :smile:

Yeah I've just been through the whole cycle myself this year so if you have any question, wanna see my statement or need advice hit me up
Original post by Flossymay

Please don't send your PS to anyone over the internet - plagiarism is very real and you have no control over what happens to your PS after you have sent it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending