The Student Room Group

AS maths versus GCSE maths

I'm going to be going into sixth form on monday. I had the opportunity to do further maths at GCSE and I felt like it was quite difficult and in september they will be putting students who have done further maths or additional maths together in a class but I feel as though I won't be able to manage with the pressure of more peers that know what they're doing already :/
Original post by stephaniecheung
I'm going to be going into sixth form on monday. I had the opportunity to do further maths at GCSE and I felt like it was quite difficult and in september they will be putting students who have done further maths or additional maths together in a class but I feel as though I won't be able to manage with the pressure of more peers that know what they're doing already :/

Hey don't worry about it I've chosen further maths for my A-level and I also did additional maths during my GCSE's which I've forgotten mostly! So there's nothing to worry about don't feel under pressure just ask the teacher for help if needed don't be afraid, you'll get nowhere in your education if your'e afraid to ask. Good luck!
Reply 2
It'll be fine! I took maths because I didn't know what else to do, I started AS maths getting an E/U in every test but I came out with an A for A2 maths this year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest