The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Question and Answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farah Baharin
Do we have option to switch to other college? (Its not for accommodation purpose tho cause Im living off campus)

All colleges are very friendly communities and are a great way to meet new people and to make new friends. For a more definitive response please contact either the Accommodation Office or your current College

Jamie Carbert | Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
When do we pay our college fees?
Reply 62
Do I need to bring a suit?
Original post by Hayley Williams
When do we pay our college fees?

You are able to pay your college membership fee immediately - you pay via our secure online store

Original post by 7277
Do I need to bring a suit?

That is entirely up to you. You should consider if/when you need one. For example, if you are looking to get a part time job whilst you're here you may need one for the interview. However, there are lots of places you can purchase one in Lancaster (and possibly even save yourself some money with a Purple card discount!)

Hello,

On student finance UK, my first tuition fee payment is not until 21/10/2015. This seems a little bit odd to me as the course starts on 04/10/2015.

Is this the correct date?

Many thanks
Original post by Yellow636
Hello,

On student finance UK, my first tuition fee payment is not until 21/10/2015. This seems a little bit odd to me as the course starts on 04/10/2015.

Is this the correct date?

Many thanks

It would be best if you contact the student funding team with this enquiry as they are best placed to advise on this. They can be contacted on +44 (0)1524 594848 or [email protected]

Hello,

I recently was emailed the Accommodation E-Induction, however whenever I try to access it, it says there is an error and I cannot get onto the site. Who do I contact about this?

Thankyou
Original post by 0ceanic11
Hello,

I recently was emailed the Accommodation E-Induction, however whenever I try to access it, it says there is an error and I cannot get onto the site. Who do I contact about this?

Thankyou

I'm not aware of any browser issues but just in case you could try changing which browser you're trying to view it in. Failing that, please contact our accommodation team on +44 (0)1524 594910 or [email protected]

how many people share a kitchen in Superior Ensuite, 6-8?
Hey, I am just wondering about my Student Finance payments for my tuition fees.
On the page it says that the first payment is scheduled for 21st of October yet my course starts on 4th.
Should I worry or the university and SF will sort everything out by themselves?

Also, I will be studying Computer Science (with Industrial Exp.) and I don't really understand the major minor subject thing on uni.
I've heard that I will be able to enrol on modules other than the core ones yet on my student portal page I cannot find any clues on how I can do that.
Can anyone explain to me the whole process of registration and enrolment on Lancaster because I got really confused.
The course is about to start and I don't want to go there and get told that I forgot to do something and now I'm in trouble.
Original post by damian123m
On the page it says that the first payment is scheduled for 21st of October yet my course starts on 4th.

Also, I will be studying Computer Science (with Industrial Exp.) and I don't really understand the major minor subject thing on uni.
I've heard that I will be able to enrol on modules other than the core ones yet on my student portal page I cannot find any clues on how I can do that.
Can anyone explain to me the whole process of registration and enrolment on Lancaster because I got really confused.
The course is about to start and I don't want to go there and get told that I forgot to do something and now I'm in trouble.

Fees: let the pen pushers do their thing.

Minors: I made a phone call due to the inadequate information available and was told to wait until the presentation in freshers week. I asked to be pointed at information about courses which must be written somewhere. I was stonewalled.
You and a couple of thousand others will scream that such a situation is ludicrous, but that's the way they do it. Both of us will have to make a choice of minor without having had time to undertake due diligence. A major decision of Minor subject will be based on a brief and almost certainly incomplete resume of what we are letting ourselves in for. Presentations are a great idea but, like you, I'd like to take time to research the matter. There has to be a better way.
Hi, I'm enrolling on my events tomorrow (labs etc) and was wondering if you could tell me when the LEC170 lecture are, so i could plan around them, Thanks.
Original post by Hopefulbunny
Fees: let the pen pushers do their thing.

Minors: I made a phone call due to the inadequate information available and was told to wait until the presentation in freshers week. I asked to be pointed at information about courses which must be written somewhere. I was stonewalled.
You and a couple of thousand others will scream that such a situation is ludicrous, but that's the way they do it. Both of us will have to make a choice of minor without having had time to undertake due diligence. A major decision of Minor subject will be based on a brief and almost certainly incomplete resume of what we are letting ourselves in for. Presentations are a great idea but, like you, I'd like to take time to research the matter. There has to be a better way.

Looking at my account on student portal, I think I am left with "Annotated Bibliography" and "Moodle Workshops" which really aren't the minors I would even consider taking. Its either too early for my account to work properly (not registered) or it is simply a joke. I honestly believe that the lack of information is putting an unnecessary stress on will-be students just before the start of their courses which will clearly reflect on their overall satisfaction.
123.png
Looking at my account on student portal, I think I am left with "Annotated Bibliography" and "Moodle Workshops" which really aren't the minors I would even consider taking. Its either too early for my account to work properly (not registered) or it is simply a joke. I honestly believe that the lack of information is putting an unnecessary stress on will-be students just before the start of their courses which will clearly reflect on their overall satisfaction.
123.png

Those aren't your minors, I have enrolled on my minor and those titles are still there on my account

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Hi, I've heard a lot about appointments for registering in LICA, but I haven't heard anything about it. Where do I find out when mine is or how do I schedule one?
Also, I'm in Bowland College accommodation, so I should arrive on the the 27th. Where shall I go on campus, who shall I meet, and what time should I be there?
Thanks
Those aren't your minors, I have enrolled on my minor and those titles are still there on my account

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, in that case could you please give me a hint on how can I enrol on my minors as I've been unable to find a button or any other thing on the page that would allow me to do that.
Original post by vietnamfam
how many people share a kitchen in Superior Ensuite, 6-8?

The majority is 8 people sharing but I believe some in County, Fylde and Lonsdale are 6.

Student finance is paid directly to the university so you needn't worry about that. Just remember to bring your student finance documentation with you!

Your major will be Computer Science. Our flexible Part I system allows you to take other subjects, minors, alongside your major. The exception to this is a small selection of courses such as law and medicine. This system encourages our students to explore their interests and tailors their degree to areas they wish to study.

You will complete your registration to become a student at lancaster in the LICA building during welcome week. Info can be found on the welcome website. And please don't worry, you won't get in trouble, but please ask if you have any more questions

Hi, I'm enrolling on my events tomorrow (labs etc) and was wondering if you could tell me when the LEC170 lecture are, so i could plan around them, Thanks.

For that information you would need to contact your specific department within the environment centre. The general number for the environment centre is +44 (0)1524 65201, and they will be able to put you in co tact with the correct person

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending