The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Oyster 18+ Photocard how do I apply

Hello, I am going to the University of Westminster in London so will want the 18+ Oyster Card. How do I apply as when I look on the TFL website it says.

The Transport for London 18+ Student Oyster photocard scheme 2014-2015 closed on the 31 July 2015.

Please check with your education establishment to see if it is participating in the 2015-2016 scheme starting on 1 September 2015.

If so you may be eligible to re-apply from that date.
Reply 1
hey, I was told you can start applying online from the first of september :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
You can apply now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Samantha,

You can apply now on the TfL website. Once you have fully enrolled at the University we will confirm your attendance with TfL and they will send you your 18+ Oyster card. Further information can be found on our student travel discounts page.

Hope this helps.

Patrick (Course Enquiries Team) :smile:
Reply 4
HI,

I am applying for my oyster card and my picture has me wearing hoop earrings..... does anyone know whether or not this is allowed? will it be rejected due to this.

Original post by anz28
HI,

I am applying for my oyster card and my picture has me wearing hoop earrings..... does anyone know whether or not this is allowed? will it be rejected due to this.

Taken from the link given above:

A colour, digital photograph must be:

A full face photo of the applicant's head and shoulders with your full face clearly visible

A true likeness of you

You should not be wearing anything that covers your head unless it is consistently worn for religious or medical reasons.
If your photo doesn't meet these guidelines, your application will be rejected.

Since it doesn't say anything about earrings I'm sure there's hoop. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
Taken from the link given above:

Since it doesn't say anything about earrings I'm sure there's hoop. :smile:

Okay Thank You :smile:
Reply 7
Hi,

I have applied for my 18+ oyster card last week, however when logging into my application profile for updates it still states that they are waiting for my education establishment to approve my application. I just wanted to know how much longer this would take, as I am due to start my course next week and wont be able to travel without this.

Hi,

Universities can only approve an application once a student has fully enrolled on a course. Once you have enrolled on the course the University will inform TfL who will then send out the Oyster card to you.

Patrick :smile:
hi I've also been trying to apply for a student 18+ oyster but it doesn't seem to be working. Every time I sign in it comes up with 'unexpected error' and won't let me create a new account. Has anyone else had this problem/what should I do if problem persists?

Quick Reply