The Student Room Group

Mikey Mouse Club House Degrees

some degrees should be banned and others should limit places like psychology to many people are getting into bad unis doing the subject with dde entry requirements you might aswell do a health and social apprenticesship people need to remember that degrees aren't free and there's a limit im surgeons and engineers in this country
no degree should be banned - what good will that do? what if somebody genuinely wants to be a david beckham/spice girls expert and will pay good money for it?
education is a privilege, so why can't people pay for the privilege?
there are people genuinely interested in psychology and are not there for job prospects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brittanywattscb
some degrees should be banned and others should limit places like psychology to many people are getting into bad unis doing the subject with dde entry requirements you might aswell do a health and social apprenticesship people need to remember that degrees aren't free and there's a limit im surgeons and engineers in this country

There's a limit as to how stupid one individual can be, you know?
It was a good show. Do not taint it.
Reply 5
Every time I see a thread about useless degrees and psychology is mentioned I really do worry. I'm planning to do psychology this October but now I'm regretting it ever since I joined TSR as i hear a lot of people saying it's difficult to get jobs with that degree.
Original post by AzimH
Every time I see a thread about useless degrees and psychology is mentioned I really do worry. I'm planning to do psychology this October but now I'm regretting it ever since I joined TSR as i hear a lot of people saying it's difficult to get jobs with that degree.

Its a bunch of 16 year old parrots on this site, repeating what another anon told them on TSR. They have never done a psychology degree or even had a job in their lives so you dont need to listen to them.
Original post by AzimH

Most people here have probably not had a job, take everything here with a pinch of salt. Lets just put it like this; most people here need a psychologist, that's for sure.
Reply 8
Original post by driftawaay
Its a bunch of 16 year old parrots on this site, repeating what another anon told them on TSR. They have never done a psychology degree or even had a job in their lives so you dont need to listen to them.

Damn, thanks Cara! (Can I call you that? It only seems natural) You really have gotten my hopes up! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Binary Freak
Most people here have probably not had a job, take everything here with a pinch of salt. Lets just put it like this; most people here need a psychologist, that's for sure.

Hehe you got that right. Anyway, thanks. I was really regretting my choice since this past month there have been so many threads on how psychology is "useless".
Original post by AzimH
Hehe you got that right. Anyway, thanks. I was really regretting my choice since this past month there have been so many threads on how psychology is "useless".

Ehh this is coming from a group of bigoted peole that think autistic people should be segregated on an island, despite the fact that some of the worlds leading scientists are in fact autistic. Just one of the threads I've seen. You're probably better off putting your faith in some institutionalized maniac rather than some of the people on here.

Of course it goes without saying there are some people on here worthwhile.
I now have the theme song stuck in my head.

On topic, what gives you the right to say that any degree should be banned? :lol:
Reply 12
Original post by Binary Freak
Ehh this is coming from a group of bigoted peole that think autistic people should be segregated on an island, despite the fact that some of the worlds leading scientists are in fact autistic. Just one of the threads I've seen. You're probably better off putting your faith in some institutionalized maniac rather than some of the people on here.

Of course it goes without saying there are some people on here worthwhile.

I never expected to come across someone as wise as you here in TSR. I can't thank you enough bro/pikachu. You really have changed my view on my course. Take care

Quick Reply

Latest