The Student Room Group

Aeronautics Personal Statement

I am hoping to apply for aeronautics courses. Out of the 5 choices, 4 universities offer aero specifically but cambridge offers general engineering.

My question is: In my personal statement I have talked about aeronautics specifically. Would cambridge still consider that relevant for their general engineering course? Or will it seem like I am restricted to aero?

thanks!
Original post by tambeshakunt
I am hoping to apply for aeronautics courses. Out of the 5 choices, 4 universities offer aero specifically but cambridge offers general engineering.

My question is: In my personal statement I have talked about aeronautics specifically. Would cambridge still consider that relevant for their general engineering course? Or will it seem like I am restricted to aero?

thanks!

General Engineering courses are fairly uncommon in the UK and Cambridge knows this. Practically all of their applicants will be applying for specific engineering branches for their other options so it's not a problem that your personal statement is specific to aeronautics, that's completely normal. There is an option to write a Cambridge-specific personal statement in their SAQ though, so you may want to show an appreciation for their broader course there.
Ah ok thanks. Didn't know the SAQ had space for a separate statement; that's useful.

thanks for your help.
Original post by tambeshakunt
Ah ok thanks. Didn't know the SAQ had space for a separate statement; that's useful.

thanks for your help.

It's a lot shorter than the main UCAS PS tho (can't remember the exact figure, but think it's ~2000 characters)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending