The Student Room Group

Where can I get a free makeover?

Which beauty counters can do one without me having to buy anything?

No Im not trying to scam anyone haha.. Im just new to make up, so want to try out some makeup and then think about it as opposed to dealing with the usual pushy sales gals!! :colondollar:
Benefit are really nice about doing this!

If you go at a quieter time, middle of the day during the week, and you explain to them that you're just getting into makeup, and want some tips, shown how to use the products they're really nice about it.

Then at the end you can just say you want to see how the products last over the day, and you might come back and buy some things later and they're fine with it :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
Benefit are really nice about doing this!

If you go at a quieter time, middle of the day during the week, and you explain to them that you're just getting into makeup, and want some tips, shown how to use the products they're really nice about it.

Then at the end you can just say you want to see how the products last over the day, and you might come back and buy some things later and they're fine with it :smile:

Thanks, repped :smile: Do Benefit do natural looks? Dont think I could do dramatic stuff on my own haha
Bare minerals are good too :h:

Also look out for college course who do beauty who look for models. Similar to ones that do free hair styles.
Original post by Bengali
Thanks, repped :smile: Do Benefit do natural looks? Dont think I could do dramatic stuff on my own haha

Yeah they do natural looks :smile: They have really nice cream shadows, that are soft and easy to apply!

If you wanted to go dramatic I'd suggest going to Urban Decay, they're really good to. But i've never had a makeover done by then, so I can't help on that front.
Reply 5
Original post by lyrical_lie
Bare minerals are good too :h:
T
Also look out for college course who do beauty who look for models. Similar to ones that do free hair styles.

Thanks, I'll look up colleges round here :smile:

helen-a-ravenclaw
Yeah they do natural looks They have really nice cream shadows, that are soft and easy to apply!

If you wanted to go dramatic I'd suggest going to Urban Decay, they're really good to. But i've never had a makeover done by then, so I can't help on that front.

Super :smile: I have grey eyes so I'll see if I can get some creamy grey shadows to go with that!

Thanks. I don't really want to go dramatic, though, might be nice to try but idk if I can pull it off without the help of a makeup artist :colondollar:
I would recommend benefit shops which is where i got my first make over type thing and they are brilliant at it! they will also not press their product on you and the sales assistants are all really nice!!
Reply 7
Some branches of The Body Shop do them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most concessions in Boots and department stores will do them. If they're busy you have to book though.
Reply 9
Original post by gemmam
Some branches of The Body Shop do them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks Ill go instore and ask :smile:

sorafdfs
Most concessions in Boots and department stores will do them. If they're busy you have to book though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending