The Student Room Group

Art GCSE is killing me

Hey, the theme of my next body of work has to be around the human condition. I can't think of any good ideas and the ones I do have are really clichéd.if you can think of any cool unique interpretations or ways to generate ideas that'd be super helpful thanks. I have 4 days to finish my first two pieces. So far I've done nothing. Help.
Reply 1
Original post by Iscrewedup
Hey, the theme of my next body of work has to be around the human condition. I can't think of any good ideas and the ones I do have are really clichéd.if you can think of any cool unique interpretations or ways to generate ideas that'd be super helpful thanks. I have 4 days to finish my first two pieces. So far I've done nothing. Help.

Hey, I assume you're going into year 11. Take longer if you have to. Don't let your teachers deadlines hold you back. Remember, art is about quality over quantity. It doesn't matter if what you do is cliche, as long as you add your own twist.
My final pieces were cliche. My first one was of myself And the second of my gf. I still got a good grade regardless. Don't worry! Ask me for help if you need it.

Btw I don't quite understand your theme but work is individual, so what were u thinking of doing!
Human condition - any thematic concern about human nature, human society or how we live our lives.

Just going to brainstorm onto here. Never did art so I'm not sure how much help it will be!

How people view poverty in their home country compared to a third world country - is a different attitude taken towards it, is blame assigned differently, are the poor in each case considered on equal footings.

Is free will a construct of society or part of our genetics. Does it actually exist or are our decisions governed by either outside influences or a baser instinct.

No murder in paradise is an idea from Stalin's era in the USSR (I just read Child 44). Also the Holocaust from Hitler's era. Does living in a dictatorship excuse people from no taking as strong a stance on humanitarian issues as living in a democracy might? Which is a more natural society? (Could add communism/capitalism/equality/hierarchy into that.)

In regards to generating ideas - I love google and a good mind map. Think of key words around the subject, then words or phrases you can link to them and keep branching outwards. On top of that, I find quotes really useful as you can lift the basic idea from them or even expand it further and ask "what if..?". Also just googling phrases and reading through pages it churns up is useful. This gave me the ideas above: http://learn.lexiconic.net/humancondition.htm.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by vd12345
Hey, I assume you're going into year 11. Take longer if you have to. Don't let your teachers deadlines hold you back. Remember, art is about quality over quantity. It doesn't matter if what you do is cliche, as long as you add your own twist.
My final pieces were cliche. My first one was of myself And the second of my gf. I still got a good grade regardless. Don't worry! Ask me for help if you need it.

Btw I don't quite understand your theme but work is individual, so what were u thinking of doing!

Thanks for replying. I thought I'd do survival. How humans have evolved to survive in the race or life but also in the little ways. Surviving the conflict with in our lives. I need to create a mood board on this but I dont have a ideas. I really appreciate your help btw. I don't think I'm a very creative person

Quick Reply

Latest