The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Social Science - Paisley

Anyone else going to Paisley and is a first year starting Social Science?
Original post by kerrimacneil
Anyone else going to Paisley and is a first year starting Social Science?

I am!! Have you heard anything yet about when the induction is?
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Reply 2
Original post by meghanrobyn
I am!! Have you heard anything yet about when the induction is?

Our induction isn't until the 15th at 9am :smile:
Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
hi, on the freshers festival email that was sent out today it says that us social science lot are in for core subjects wednesday morning. Is there a more detailed timetable of what we are doing available ?? thanks
Original post by cample
hi, on the freshers festival email that was sent out today it says that us social science lot are in for core subjects wednesday morning. Is there a more detailed timetable of what we are doing available ?? thanks

No I don't think so. I've had a wee look but didn't see anything
Reply 6
Original post by meghanrobyn
Thank you :smile:

Are you staying in halls?
Reply 7
Original post by cample

Managed to find this after some digging on the timetable website it isn't a personalised version but gives some indication of when we'll be in :smile:

http://timetables.uws.ac.uk/

At the top change staff to group and type in P:PA_MS_SSCS_L7 then move the date to 21st september and it should be there
Original post by kerrimacneil
Are you staying in halls?

Nope! I stay near Paisley so I didn't have to move out x
Hey! Does anyone know how big our class is going to be? Or do I just have to wait and find out haha
Original post by RobbieCordner
Hey! Does anyone know how big our class is going to be? Or do I just have to wait and find out haha

For lectures in first year I think we're in with social work students as well (may be wrong) so could be 150-200 students but seminars will be around 15 students :smile:
Original post by natasha1x
For lectures in first year I think we're in with social work students as well (may be wrong) so could be 150-200 students but seminars will be around 15 students :smile:

Oh ok, that's cool. Thanks!
Robbie

As a 2nd year student at social science, if I remember correctly our class had around 180 or so. You are correct about seminars but it can be more or less depending on various circumstances. I am sure you will enjoy it anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest