The Student Room Group

A2 geography remark (SHOULD I GET A REMARK?)

Hey, I'm a year 13 student who wants to go to university next year. I received my A-level results this August and got a high B in Edexcel A-level geography. In order to get into university I really need an A and I found out that I was only 5 marks off in total.

Should I get my exams remarked? As I know your grade can also go down!

How often do grades go up and should I bother getting a remark for 5 marks or just resit?

Please Help!!!
Reply 1
Original post by MikeYr13
Hey, I'm a year 13 student who wants to go to university next year. I received my A-level results this August and got a high B in Edexcel A-level geography. In order to get into university I really need an A and I found out that I was only 5 marks off in total.

Should I get my exams remarked? As I know your grade can also go down!

How often do grades go up and should I bother getting a remark for 5 marks or just resit?

Please Help!!!

Get an exam script back and go through it with your teacher, they should advise you on what you should do.
Reply 2
Original post by Emsta
Get an exam script back and got through it with your teacher, they should advise you on what you should do.

Thanks, but isn't the remark deadline very soon?
Reply 3

early September, i think it is different for diff exam boards, have a look on their websites or ask your college/school :smile:

20th September, but your school will almost certainly have an earlier one.
Reply 5
So I won't have a chance to get my scripts back and have them checked over?

Too late now. The deadline for the priority return of scripts was 21st August. You can still get your script back, but you won't get it in time to have a remark done on the basis of it.

You can ask for a photocopy and the school exams office will CC in your teacher in the email. After you receive a scan of your paper you can then decide with your teacher if it's worth getting a remark.

It's worth doing as I found out last year. I got a remark without consulting my teacher and my exam WENT DOWN by 15 marks. AQA = :devil:
Original post by colourtheory
You can ask for a photocopy and the school exams office will CC in your teacher in the email. After you receive a scan of your paper you can then decide with your teacher if it's worth getting a remark.

It's worth doing as I found out last year. I got a remark without consulting my teacher and my exam WENT DOWN by 15 marks. AQA = :devil:

There won't be time for this now. There is still time for the remark, but the deadline for script copies has passed, so it will have to be done blind.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
There won't be time for this now. There is still time for the remark, but the deadline for script copies has passed, so it will have to be done blind.

Oh. You know what, they actually reassures me a bit about my own remark last year. I only actually went for the remark in September.

I didn't ask for it earlier as I was abroad, silly me :h:
Original post by colourtheory
Oh. You know what, they actually reassures me a bit about my own remark last year. I only actually went for the remark in September.

I didn't ask for it earlier as I was abroad, silly me :h:

Well, I aim to please. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest