The Student Room Group

Holiday during term time

My family and 15 of our closest friends are going to Mexico in October for the week before half term and half term. (2 weeks in total). This means I will miss a week of school (all the other students are at academy's so have two weeks off). Is this gonna affect my grades? And does anyone have any advice on how to minimise the damage? (I'm going into year 12 and doing biology, chemistry, psychology and geography)
You'll just have to study the stuff you've missed on your own. Tell your teachers in advance so they can give you the stuff you'll miss, and be prepared to put extra hours in after your holiday. Ask to borrow a friend's notes if you think that'll help.

If you ignore it and don't bother learning what you've missed, it will affect your grades.
Original post by SeanFM
You'll just have to study the stuff you've missed on your own. Tell your teachers in advance so they can give you the stuff you'll miss, and be prepared to put extra hours in after your holiday. Ask to borrow a friend's notes if you think that'll help.

If you ignore it and don't bother learning what you've missed, it will affect your grades.

You get fined if you tell the school so I can't :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WannabeDoctor98
You get fined if you tell the school so I can't :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then make sure you borrow notes from a friend or have them given to you by the teacher when they see you again.

Quick Reply

Latest