The Student Room Group

Long distance relationships and university decisions

Hi people just wondering for peoples thoughts and opinions on this, me and my girlfriend are both off to uni this coming year and we are choosing our universities now obviously. We both love each other very much and can't imagine being apart but the universities we really want to go to are both in different areas. what are peoples ideas?? would like to hear from people who are in the situation, going to be or have been, i mean we just dont want to do you know i mean we hope a ldr would work but its just difficult,so erm what do people think?
my boyfriend and i are currently in a ldr and as difficult as it is... i know i don't want to give up on us.
we both went off to different unis this September, i was in London and he was about 3 hours away. we made it a point to visit each other @least once every 2 months and phone everyday - tho on my part i ended up going to visit him more often because i didnt like where i was and i missed him, and come december i made the decision to withdraw from uni and now we are in 2 completely different countries.. and i wont be seeing him for 8 months.
its tough, but if u really want it to work and are willing to try it can! gluckx
Reply 2
Last september I went up to bradford uni levaing my boyfriend in London in his full time job.

So far it has worked very well for us :smile: There's no ways I (or him) wanted to give up on our relationship, so we haven't. Sometimes it's hard not seeing him for a while and I miss him terribly but we get though. From the time he leaves one weekend I just start looking forward to when his next going to visit. In the mean time I just get n with my studies and the parties! :biggrin:

It's worked very well for us for the past 5 months and hopefully will continue too. :smile:

I know sometimes it's hard but we get though it.

People need to put their education first by chooseing the uni best for them but not giving up on a relationship just because of a distance. :smile: good luck with getting into the uni's and with your girlfriend :smile:
I'm in exactly the same situation nearly. My bf and I are already in a ldr and have been for over a year now so come uni we wanted to be together. This is causing s huge problem now really since I cant decide whether to move from home to go to the same uni as he wants to go to or stay at home and go uni here. in litterally stuck between 2 diff unis, both I really like - one he wants to go to, so I am going to ignore that I have a bf and go see both unis and base my opinion on which one I like best.

G'luck with you and ur gf, ldr are really hard, well I find they are but if it HAS to work and you 2 are meant to be - it will work.
Reply 4
my boyfriend used to go to the same school as me but i met him at an Old Boys school event where all leavers come back. he was already in his 2nd year at uni and me still in first year of 6th form. when at uni he is 3hours away but we have made it work for 15 months as a ldr.....next year im off to uni and he finishes and is moving back home. so we will still be in a ldr just switching places. it is hard work but just make some time to spk on the phone everyday and it is fun going to visit them at uni (or wherever they are) and you get to see different places and spend time together doing different things. also, it is true that you will appreciate the time you have together more. as long as both of you are willing to put effort in you have nothing to lose by trying :smile: good luck x

Latest

Trending

Trending