The Student Room Group

biomedical science work experiance

hi everyone, i have a stron interest to study biomedical science at uni, and i have obtained work experiance at a gp but im not sure how to link shadowing a doctor and nurse to the biomedical science field, all opinions are very much appreciated, thank youu
Original post by samanzhd
hi everyone, i have a stron interest to study biomedical science at uni, and i have obtained work experiance at a gp but im not sure how to link shadowing a doctor and nurse to the biomedical science field, all opinions are very much appreciated, thank youu

Perhaps something about seeing the practical application of biomedical science and how scientific discovery can improve people's lives. Also might be worth mentioning why biomedical science is for you instead of medicine, I.e. potential for new findings in a scientific career, unless you're applying for medicine too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Going_To_California
Perhaps something about seeing the practical application of biomedical science and how scientific discovery can improve people's lives. Also might be worth mentioning why biomedical science is for you instead of medicine, I.e. potential for new findings in a scientific career, unless you're applying for medicine too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you very much!! very helpful advise, i really appreciated it :smile:
Original post by samanzhd
thank you very much!! very helpful advise, i really appreciated it :smile:

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please do not out irrelevant work experience (shadowing a doctor and nurse) into a biomed PS. You will come across as someone who is applying for medicine and has used biomed as a backup. Unless you're applying for an accredited course you don't need to have work experience.
Reply 5
Biomed is completely different from medicine, the first thing being you will not be dealing with patients or advising them in a clinical manner.
Look at the course modules carefully
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending