The Student Room Group

Confused about BTEC level 3 extended diploma in applied science

Hello so basically I have decided to do btec level 3 extended diploma in applied science because i know i will find A-levels hard however i picked it last minute and im very confused in the course i was wondering if someone could explain what i will study, what is the coursework like, how are you marked and what results you get and what i can study in university with this course, and in general your experience I start sixth form next week!
Thank you very much hope its not to much im new to this
Reply 1
hi, im also thinking of taking it. the adivisor at the college i went to said that the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science can lead to pharmacy, medicine, biochemistry, bio-medical science, clinical science and many others. im personally hoping to do pharmacy & thats why im considering the course. i hope this helped & good luck ! :smile:
Original post by h.k99
hi, im also thinking of taking it. the adivisor at the college i went to said that the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science can lead to pharmacy, medicine, biochemistry, bio-medical science, clinical science and many others. im personally hoping to do pharmacy & thats why im considering the course. i hope this helped & good luck ! :smile:

Hello I've completed my first year of that course. I'm deciding on doing either biomedical science or dietetics.

Only two uni kelee & ulster accept this qualification on it's own for pharmacy.

You can't go onto medicine unless you do a different degree first
Reply 3
Bristol uni accept btec applied science, for medicine & dentistry.

Quick Reply

Latest