The Student Room Group

Bad gcse bt good alevels|?!

gcse, i was ncommited and lazy- i barely revised as i wasnt motovated.
English lan-C
maths-c
english lit- b
additional science- b
core science- c
re-b
geography- c
german- d
health and soc- a
child dev- a
ict- a

as:
sociology- a
psy- a
english lang- b

I want to apply for BSC psychology (c800) in Southampton, Kent, Leicester, Portsmouth, queen Mary. do you think that gcses would play a huge factor???
Reply 1
I know that for psychology they are looking for Maths and Science grades.
Original post by zjaved4
gcse, i was ncommited and lazy- i barely revised as i wasnt motovated.
English lan-C
maths-c
english lit- b
additional science- b
core science- c
re-b
geography- c
german- d
health and soc- a
child dev- a
ict- a

as:
sociology- a
psy- a
english lang- b

I want to apply for BSC psychology (c800) in Southampton, Kent, Leicester, Portsmouth, queen Mary. do you think that gcses would play a huge factor???

I feel like majority of unis don't put all that much emphasis on GCSE grades (unless it's, like, Oxbridge or something). A lot of unis in general ask you to have passed English, Maths and Science GCSE but other than that, meh. They're probably more bothered about your AS grades (which are amazing!) and your A2 predicted grades.

I'd have a quick look on each universities website though, see what each one says about GCSE grades. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by KittKatt
I feel like majority of unis don't put all that much emphasis on GCSE grades. A lot of unis in general ask you to have passed English and Maths GCSE but other than that, meh. They're probably more bothered about your AS grades (which are amazing!) and your A2 predicted grades.

I'd have a quick look on each universities website though, see what each one says about GCSE grades. :smile:

Awh, thank you:biggrin:
Yeah i will do. its just that most of the universities that im applying too are quite prestigious so there is alot of competition. I just hope that my predicted grades are good :frown:
Original post by zjaved4
Yeah i will do. its just that most of the universities that im applying too are quite prestigious so there is alot of competition. I just hope that my predicted grades are good :frown:

I'm sure you'll be fine! You're ASs are really good, so I assume you're predicted grades will be! :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by zjaved4

It's good advice to check the entry requirements on each unis website - for psychology some will ask for B grades at GCSE (especially for maths) - my friend was rejected from one uni as she only had a C in maths but others are happy to accept a C

good luck
My GCSE's are bad but i have my maths and english. I have 3 A's from my course and got into a good uni, as long as you meet their A level requirements i don't see why they would not accept you.
your AS results are good so you should be fine
if you have any concerns just ring the unis

Quick Reply

Latest