The Student Room Group

Who cannot wait for Year 13 to be over with?

I absolutely hate sixth form, I find it lonely and just an unhappy place to be in. I really want to it to hurry up and end!

Who is in the same boat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
By the time you've finished year 13, you'd want to go back. I'm about to go to uni and i'm soo scared and i don't even want to go :afraid:
Reply 2
6th form AS and A2 were the 2 slowest years of my life.
A2 will generally go quicker than AS. It seems that revising all the time makes the time just fly by
Original post by HenryKenry
I absolutely hate sixth form, I find it lonely and just an unhappy place to be in. I really want to it to hurry up and end!

Who is in the same boat?

What subjects did you take at AS and what are you about to do for A2? :smile:

Did you enjoy Year 12 at all? I'm about to start Year 12 and I hope I don't end up disliking it. I feel excited at the moment. :teehee:
Reply 5
Original post by Maria G Agnesi

Did you enjoy Year 12 at all? I'm about to start Year 12 and I hope I don't end up disliking it. I feel excited at the moment. :teehee:

Well for me compared to others I feel it was different. My A levels have nothing to do it. I currently go to a girls grammar school, for my secondary school I went to a mixed comp. The difference is immense. I used to love my mixed secondary school, but now I feel like im being judged constantly, the people are just not nice to be around. I feel like when Im talking to people Im very artificial because you can never really have a proper conversation. Erh I just hate it. However, the people in the sixth form I can tell love it because 90% of them have been there for 7 years now, they know each other but if you're from a different school it just doesnt feel like you properly fit in. I know this isnt just me because so many people I have talked have the same view.

But for you it may be different so dont worry!!

Saying that my friends from colleges love college. Just dont go to a a confined
Original post by kemi28
By the time you've finished year 13, you'd want to go back. I'm about to go to uni and i'm soo scared and i don't even want to go :afraid:

I was just about to post this! My secondary school never looked so appealing...
Reply 7
Original post by A level sufferer
A2 will generally go quicker than AS. It seems that revising all the time makes the time just fly by

For me Year 12 FLEW. Bloody flew. Purely because I was fearing exams and when you fear and work for a particular date which you dont want to come, it comes really quickly.
Reply 8
Original post by Plagioclase
I was just about to post this! My secondary school never looked so appealing...

Same with my secondary school too. Although I'm scared to go to uni, I'm hoping it will compensate me for the not so good times i had at school and college
I cannot wait, I just can't wait for university! I don't like sixth form, idk why exactly, if it's the teachers or what who knows, but I don't really enjoy it there and can't wait to leave
Original post by kemi28
Same with my secondary school too. Although I'm scared to go to uni, I'm hoping it will compensate me for the not so good times i had at school and college

No I seriously wont, believe it or not Im not going to miss being lonely.
Reply 11
No I seriously wont, believe it or not Im not going to miss being lonely.

Lool i won't too :h:

Who is in the same boat?

dont think that! i just finished year 13 this year and im starting uni in a few weeks and i miss college so much tbh! year 13 was the best and if i could, i would go back and do it again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I absolutely love Sixth Form, leaving is going to be really sad. I want to go to university but in terms of site and situation my sixth form is crazy convenient.

Come to think of it AS year was hell but A2 is going to be the best year of my life so far if I do it right.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well for me compared to others I feel it was different. My A levels have nothing to do it. I currently go to a girls grammar school, for my secondary school I went to a mixed comp. The difference is immense. I used to love my mixed secondary school, but now I feel like im being judged constantly, the people are just not nice to be around. I feel like when Im talking to people Im very artificial because you can never really have a proper conversation. Erh I just hate it. However, the people in the sixth form I can tell love it because 90% of them have been there for 7 years now, they know each other but if you're from a different school it just doesnt feel like you properly fit in. I know this isnt just me because so many people I have talked have the same view.

But for you it may be different so dont worry!!

Saying that my friends from colleges love college. Just dont go to a a confined

I have the opposite case right now. I was in a boys only school for a while and now I'm going to a mixed VI Form. :teehee:

It's a shame that you don't really like the atmosphere. I'm actually concerned that it will be harder to make friends with people that have all been together since Year 7, but I think there are about 40-50 new people joining too. It's not all bad, but yeah. :s-smilie:

I would say if the atmosphere for VI Form is horrible for you, the best thing you can do is to just go through your final year and hopefully get into university at the end of it. I believe people are more educated and mature by the time they go to university, so you can always look forward to that.

That's what I'm planning to do anyway. If VI Form sucks because of the people, I know that it will only be two years (hopefully) before I can fly off to some university where people are more likely to be nicer and more accepting. But yeah, I'm keeping positive for now at least! :lol:

Good luck with everything though. I'm sure it will all work out for the best. :h:
I have the opposite case right now. I was in a boys only school for a while and now I'm going to a mixed VI Form. :teehee:

It's a shame that you don't really like the atmosphere. I'm actually concerned that it will be harder to make friends with people that have all been together since Year 7, but I think there are about 40-50 new people joining too. It's not all bad, but yeah. :s-smilie:

I would say if the atmosphere for VI Form is horrible for you, the best thing you can do is to just go through your final year and hopefully get into university at the end of it. I believe people are more educated and mature by the time they go to university, so you can always look forward to that.

That's what I'm planning to do anyway. If VI Form sucks because of the people, I know that it will only be two years (hopefully) before I can fly off to some university where people are more likely to be nicer and more accepting. But yeah, I'm keeping positive for now at least! :lol:

Good luck with everything though. I'm sure it will all work out for the best. :h:

Don't worry- you should be fine if its mixed, it will be way more relaxed! Go in with a positive attitude!
Don't worry- you should be fine if its mixed, it will be way more relaxed! Go in with a positive attitude!

Absolutely! :woo:

I know that it will feel extremely weird to maybe sit next to a girl in any of my lessons. For five years, it's pretty much been a sausage fest. :mmm:

Finally and thankfully, that will be changing in a matter of a few days. I'm looking forward to meeting new people anyway. :dance:
Im excited about AS:biggrin:

Hope you enjoy it bruh:badger:
Original post by judogainz
Im excited about AS:biggrin:

They all are mate.

Quick Reply

Latest