The Student Room Group

Revision

How do i get prepared for year 11 (the 11th grade????) and how do i revise in less than 2 weeks?
Reply 1
Original post by Neymar Heart
How do i get prepared for year 11 (the 11th grade????) and how do i revise in less than 2 weeks?

I'll give you tip for Sciences.
1) Read, highlight, memorise CGP
book. (Also take notes on stuff you don't remember, don't care about the handwritting, honestly. Highlight your notes if needs be.)
2) do 'ALL' past papers you can get.
3) look at the markschemes, and copy out and memorise for the questions you get wrong. Basically learn the mark scheme for everything you don't get full marks in.
4)reattempt questions and make sure you can get all the keywords necessary to secure full marks.
5) also make sure you get good sleep, and try to understand the info aswell as memorise, so it sticks, but when in doubt, memorise!

Remember that workethic and exam technique and revision technique are essential when cramming. And yes, I did revise late.

Tell me if you did art or history or RS too, so I can help. I only got An A and a B for english Lit and lang so won't bother giving advice.
Do you need maths advice?
Reply 2
Bacause i only have less than 2 weeks left
Reply 3
Bacause i only have less than 2 weeks left

Till mocks?
Reply 4
Hi, thank you so much for the tips and yes i actually do art and i do need advice in it such as what comes up in the exam like is it written or practical and yes i do need to get sone advice for maths cuz in my mock exam that i did for maths in yr 10 i got 90 out of 170 and achieved a c grade and i was the highest in my class and then i was in top set 4 and cuz of that amazing result i moved all the way ip to top set 1 which is below supertop set 2 which means i have to work twice hard this rime to achieve an A grade by the end of this year
Original post by vd12345
I'll give you tip for Sciences.
1) Read, highlight, memorise CGP
book. (Also take notes on stuff you don't remember, don't care about the handwritting, honestly. Highlight your notes if needs be.)
2) do 'ALL' past papers you can get.
3) look at the markschemes, and copy out and memorise for the questions you get wrong. Basically learn the mark scheme for everything you don't get full marks in.
4)reattempt questions and make sure you can get all the keywords necessary to secure full marks.
5) also make sure you get good sleep, and try to understand the info aswell as memorise, so it sticks, but when in doubt, memorise!

Remember that workethic and exam technique and revision technique are essential when cramming. And yes, I did revise late.

Tell me if you did art or history or RS too, so I can help. I only got An A and a B for english Lit and lang so won't bother giving advice.
Do you need maths advice?
Reply 5
image.jpg
Look at these art final pieces. Which one is better, or are they equally as good? The one of the girl was for the exam, out of 80 and the one of the boy was for the coursework, out of 120. Guess what each piece got, and I'll explain after :smile:
Hi, thank you so much for the tips and yes i actually do art and i do need advice in it such as what comes up in the exam like is it written or practical and yes i do need to get sone advice for maths cuz in my mock exam that i did for maths in yr 10 i got 90 out of 170 and achieved a c grade and i was the highest in my class and then i was in top set 4 and cuz of that amazing result i moved all the way ip to top set 1 which is below supertop set 2 which means i have to work twice hard this rime to achieve an A grade by the end of this year
Reply 6
1) CGP books are cancer
2) It is year 11, not 11th grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by sandvika
1) CGP books are cancer
2) It is year 11, not 11th grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are CGP books cancer?
Reply 8
Original post by Joshua-P