The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Accommodation wanted

Currently haven't heard back from Surrey about the accommodation, does anyone know if there is any band C or D available, or could advise on best options to share rented houses or flats in the area of the main campus?

Scroll to see replies

Have you emailed accommodation just to double check you haven't got any? I was under the impression that all first years were guaranteed accommodation. Although maybe this year the number of applicants has finally outstripped how quickly the university is expanding and building new accommodation :/
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
i also have a problem with accommodation

they sent an email saying that all campus accommodation is full and i had to fill in a survey about off campus accommodation and attending some event. im really annoyed because i thought all first years are guaranteed on campus accomodation. and its not my fault i applied late. i had no option since i got in though clearing :frown:

i also applied for band c or d
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by RRHHTd
i also have a problem with accommodation

they sent an email saying that all campus accommodation is full and i had to fill in a survey about off campus accommodation and attending some event. im really annoyed because i thought all first years are guaranteed on campus accomodation. and its not my fault i applied late. i had no option since i got in though clearing :frown:

i also applied for band c or d

I'm in the same situation. If you visit the official Surrey Uni Q&A there are other people who have had this email as well! I've emailed the accommodation office and am waiting for a response
Reply 4
Same here, I filled out a survey on an email they sent and it said there's going to be accomodation housing event on the 5th and 13th of september. I have no clue where I'm going to live :/
Reply 5
If you get in trough clearing the accommodation on campus is not assured
I called up the accomadation office today and they said there was no chance of halls it's going to have to be shared houses
Reply 7
I got an email telling me to find a place for 3-4 weeks and they will let me know if there is a room in late october, which i personally felt a bit lost
I got that same email but when I spoke to them they said after the 3-4 weeks it was still very slim chances of getting into halls
Reply 9
I'm in the same situation; not sure whether to go for temporary accommodation in the hope that I will get into halls after a few weeks, or to go for permanent private accommodation. Anyone looking to share private accommodation? It would be good to share with other first years.
Reply 10
Will it be too late if i attend the event on th 24th?
Reply 11
I'm not sure whether to do temporary or permanent accommodation either, can't see how or why halls would suddenly free up after 3-4 weeks. It really isn't ideal being off site as a first year though. Anyone that is looking to get private accommodation contact me as it would be good to be grouped with other first year students.

I'm also out the country for the first two events that Surrey is hosting, it's very stressful trying to deal with this from an iPhone in a foreign country :frown: not getting halls is a big deal for me
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by hade1223
I'm not sure whether to do temporary or permanent accommodation either, can't see how or why halls would suddenly free up after 3-4 weeks. It really isn't ideal being off site as a first year though. Anyone that is looking to get private accommodation contact me as it would be good to be grouped with other first year students.

I'm also out the country for the first two events that Surrey is hosting, it's very stressful trying to deal with this from an iPhone in a foreign country :frown: not getting halls is a big deal for me

I got the same problem, maybe we can look for private accommodation tgt😔
Reply 13
It would be good to share private accommodation with other first year students. Shall we set up a Facebook group?
Reply 14
Original post by williw2
It would be good to share private accommodation with other first year students. Shall we set up a Facebook group?

Yea! It will be great!
Reply 15
Original post by williw2

I think there is one already up; it has like 30 members.
Reply 16
Sure :smile: Finding Private Sector Accommodation (Uni of Surrey)
Original post by corvo59
Sure :smile: Finding Private Sector Accommodation (Uni of Surrey)

Is there a Facebook group for people who want to share accomadation with other first years?
Reply 18
Original post by treacle1997
Is there a Facebook group for people who want to share accomadation with other first years?

I'm not sure, I haven't seen any. Are you in the group?
Original post by corvo59
Unfortunately no. Are you in the group?

Which group?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending