The Student Room Group

Help! Wishing to switch to Chem Eng rather than pure Chem!

Hi! I'm having a little bit of a panic at the moment because I've been working this summer on reading books for pure Chemistry and I'm tired of seeing all the bad press pure Science degrees get and I need some advice on how to switch to pursue a Chemical Engineering degree instead! Any books I should read? Plus I hope no work experience was required as it's obviously a little late for that now, I know this is very late and I'm hoping I still have a chance to apply for it >.< I apologise I'm just a little bit frustrated and upset because I fear I have wasted my time working on things to add to a pure Chem application and may not have enough time to switch...
Reply 1
Don't worry I don't think all is lost just yet, especially since I was in your exact situation earlier on. What a-levels are you doing at the moment and what books have you read so far as they may be applicable to both. One book I'd advise is Four Laws That Drive The Universe -which is about thermodynamics, a topic both important to Chemistry and ChemEng. So maybe you could find topics from physical chemistry that overlap

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest