The Student Room Group

Starting college

Hello all,

So in the next week or so I start my ALevels, and well, im pretty nervous and unsure of what the college beholds.

Im going to be studying Maths, Physics, Business and Geography. I was wondering if anyone is doing the same and want to know what they expect the courses to go like(talking relative difficulty.)

Also any talk on keeping myself calm for this new venture would be great, as I tend to get pretty anxious about almost everything.

Thanks, Jake.
i just finished my business studies a level, so i may be of some help to you :biggrin:
all you need to do to get a good grade is just memorise as many key terms/definitions/formulas as you can (necessary ones of course) and PRACTISE PAST PAPERS! i can't stress how important that is! oh, and another thing, exam technique is crucial to business studies (perhaps found in your other subjects, idk, maybe you could transfer those skills) but basically you need to be able to read a case study quickly and find appropriate solutions to the addressed issue without waffling or going off topic (if you can). for example, just writing knowledge similar to the question doesn't help, it has to be completely precise like exact figures etc. just read examiners reports and mark schemes, you'll enjoy the unit 4 exam tbh (no joke)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest