The Student Room Group

Ask a M&A intern anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gr8wizard10
few hours to spare before duty calls. for prospective summer interns, if there's anything specific you want to know about an internship in M&A or people's experience, ask here.

i'm sure others who've interned/worked can give a good perspective aswell.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2468339&page=58&p=46980864#post46980864

"(Original post by AzadRiaz96)You hold really good offers! I should have applied to Aston but I though I'd get rejected, kind of regret it now. What Alevels you studying?

Economics, Media Studies & ifs Diploma in Financial Studies (A*AA respectively predictions)"

The only question I have is how on earth did you get the job with those a levels
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by parfather
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2468339&page=58&p=46980864#post46980864

"(Original post by AzadRiaz96)You hold really good offers! I should have applied to Aston but I though I'd get rejected, kind of regret it now. What Alevels you studying?

Economics, Media Studies & ifs Diploma in Financial Studies (A*AA respectively predictions)"

The only question I have is how on earth did you get the job with those a levels

Don't question the guy, he is absolutely smashing his way through the IB world right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could you breakdown the work you had to do into percentages, e.g. What percentage of you workload/workday was modelling, admin etc....

Also did senior guys/girls on your desk expect you to know modelling? If not, you reckon if you were competent with that sort of stuff and asked for that type of work you would've got it?
You get used to it

Do you worry about any long-term affects on your physical and mental health?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Working tomorrow?
Hi,

Do you think it is feasible to fit 2 or 3 gym sessions into a typical M&A week? Assuming you lived near a 24 hour gym.
Original post by Whispering Way
Hi,

Do you think it is feasible to fit 2 or 3 gym sessions into a typical M&A week? Assuming you lived near a 24 hour gym.

Yes.

From talking to bankers I know, some teams take a 1-2 hour break in the evening to go to the gym and grab a meal together before going back in the office. Again, depends a lot on the team culture and at what stage you are on the deals you're staffed on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Enjoy pitching your life away.
Original post by SonnyZH
Enjoy pitching your life away.

youre back :s-smilie:
Do you care about having next to no free time?
Yall need to understand he's only doing a summer placement. If I was getting paid 50k for a 10 week placement i'd be doing 24 hour shifts smh people

Good on you, i'd be doing the same. You keep doing you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rabadon
Yall need to understand he's only doing a summer placement. If I was getting paid 50k for a 10 week placement i'd be doing 24 hour shifts smh people

Good on you, i'd be doing the same. You keep doing you.

You realise it's 50k per year, not 50k for ten weeks, and that it isn't paid by the hour? :tongue:
Original post by Potally_Tissed
You realise it's 50k per year, not 50k for ten weeks, and that it isn't paid by the hour? :tongue:

o is that what pro-rata means then LOL
Reply 73
Is Imperial Maths good enough for doing M&A? I have A*A*A*Ab at A-level
Reply 74
Original post by Buses

No, you need maths at MIT with 4 A*s. Unlucky mate.
Original post by vela1
No, you need maths at MIT with 4 A*s. Unlucky mate.

I'm pretty sure not even that is good enough. You need to have atleast 10A*'s, and have spent a year running a country. And even that only puts you in contention.
Reply 76
Original post by Rabadon
o is that what pro-rata means then LOL

rip in pepperonis Kappa
Original post by Zer0.
rip in pepperonis Kappa

ayy lmao tips fedora
Original post by blue-city
Could you breakdown the work you had to do into percentages, e.g. What percentage of you workload/workday was modelling, admin etc....

Also did senior guys/girls on your desk expect you to know modelling? If not, you reckon if you were competent with that sort of stuff and asked for that type of work you would've got it?

it varies, yes it's expected although you get given guidance, i was alright at it i guess

Original post by PatrickB
Do you worry about any long-term affects on your physical and mental health?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not really

Original post by Potally_Tissed
Working tomorrow?

no i finished yday, joining the team next year

Original post by Whispering Way
Hi,

yea

Original post by Terry Tibbs
Do you care about having next to no free time?

i care, but its a sacrifice im willing to make

Original post by Buses

yh
(edited 8 years ago)
i care, but its a sacrifice im willing to make

Why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending