The Student Room Group

Does "small man syndrome" exist?

I think it doesnt :lol:

My cousin is a bouncer though and he says it does. Obviously hes big himself but he says that 90% of the fights he sees in the clubs/bars he works at are started by shorter guys.
Original post by Bengali
I think it doesnt :lol:

My cousin is a bouncer though and he says it does. Obviously hes big himself but he says that 90% of the fights he sees in the clubs/bars he works at are started by shorter guys.

What does he mean by small? Does he mean small in terms of build or height?
Original post by william walker

probably height
manlets is well aggressiv innit
I don't think it exists much in terms of aggression, it just stands out more when a small guy is violent.

Maybe a bit in terms of insecurity, as so many women favour taller guys.
Reply 5
Original post by william walker

Shorter guys as said in the OP so height wise :smile:
Reply 6
i think it does. big dudes tend to be chill because they knw they can take anyone so id say they are more tolerant. or is that just me?
Reply 7
Original post by Solair
i think it does. big dudes tend to be chill because they knw they can take anyone so id say they are more tolerant. or is that just me?

possibly

I'm only 5"4 tho and dont feel the need to start fights.. but I'm a girl :redface:
Reply 8
Original post by Bengali
possibly

I'm only 5"4 tho and dont feel the need to start fights.. but I'm a girl :redface:

hah yeah I think you being a girl is the thing! im not sure but I think testosterone levels influence aggression. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending