The Student Room Group

Yet more from the UK travel to Syria

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34095120

They know full well what ISIS stands for by now. And yet they still go.

When you read the news about record levels of immigration recently (this week) still you have to ask;

Why does the UK have no backbone? it allows these people in who blatantly hate it. It then allows them to leave and will most likely give them a few year prison sentence at most when they return, after which they will be free to attack the UK.

Crazy. The UK is such a soft touch it is unreal. I mean if you want immigrants why can't you bring in Christians currently being persecuted across the world? Why not Atheists? Why not Jews? Why not Agnostics? Why not Buddhists? Why not Hindus? Why not Sikhs? Why not Jehovahs' Witnesses? I could go on. Bring in Eskimos for all I care-just any group who doesn't hate the UK and wish to attack it from within I wouldn't mind.

Scroll to see replies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34092544

How many times does this have to happen before people stop voting for the same old soft touch parties?
Original post by i<3milkshake
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34092544

How many times does this have to happen before people stop voting for the same old soft touch parties?

Whilst there is a problem here, the issue with the parties is that the only party that even remotely wants to do anything about it is UKIP, who are currently not that popular (when compared to the big 2, Labour and Conservative).
Reply 3
Wow, you really must be ignorant... You have just generalized 1.5 billion world population based on barbaric terrorists that dominate the news. I hope you are aware that Muslim people living in other countries of the world are normal people like you or me (though I not sure about you since you lack the emphaty which is one of the virtues of humankind). And Muslim people that are running from the wars that they did not start deserve to be helped, and not looked down on. If the western powers would just leave other sovereign states to mind their own bussiness then there would be no hate, wars and refugees.
Reply 4
Damn dirty Islamists.

I hope that they are immediately arrested upon returning to the UK and tried for treason.
Original post by Acis
Wow, you really must be ignorant... You have just generalized 1.5 billion world population based on barbaric terrorists that dominate the news. I hope you are aware that Muslim people living in other countries of the world are normal people like you or me (though I not sure about you since you lack the emphaty which is one of the virtues of humankind). And Muslim people that are running from the wars that they did not start deserve to be helped, and not looked down on. If the western powers would just leave other sovereign states to mind their own bussiness then there would be no hate, wars and refugees.

As we can see from posts like yours, it takes only a minority to travel to Syria.....and a majority to rationalise and blame us for absolutely everything in the world. That is an extremist view.

Just of a matter of interest, when you say " If the western powers would just leave other sovereign states to mind their own bussiness then there would be no hate, wars and refugees", how do you explain things like Darfur, East Timor and other genocides perpetrated by Muslims with absolutely no involvement from The West?

Honestly, if yours is the view of the average Muslim then we have a massive problem here because you are a deluded extremist.
(edited 8 years ago)
We have a system which, in essence, allows ANYONE into the country. Even economic migrants posing as asylum seekers as they hop from one country to the next just need one of 27 states to give them a European passport.

We cannot be selective about mass immigration. Anyone who has a European passport can make his or her (usually his) way to the UK. If you disagree with this principle, vote to leave the EU. Only outside of the EU do we have full control on who does and does not come to this country.
As long as small children aren't dragged there, and the people who go have their passport's confiscated,, I don't see the issue.

Removal of passport wouldn't necessarily make someone "stateless" - I don't have a passport. It would just make it harder for them to return :smile:
Original post by TheCitizenAct
We have a system which, in essence, allows ANYONE into the country. Even economic migrants posing as asylum seekers as they hop from one country to the next just need one of 27 states to give them a European passport.

We cannot be selective about mass immigration. Anyone who has a European passport can make his or her (usually his) way to the UK. If you disagree with this principle, vote to leave the EU. Only outside of the EU do we have full control on who does and does not come to this country.

The referendum cannot come soon enough for me.
are we surprised?

ISIS are a salafi group. There are a lot of salafis in the UK. a lot of salafis go join ISIS. its not that deep. The second we get rid of this salafi (aka wahhabi) poisonous ideology, we can stop extremism.
Also a burning question I have is why the UK doesn't do anything about radical Islamist activists such as Anjum choudary who want to implement sharia law and make the UK an Islamic country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 543216789
Also a burning question I have is why the UK doesn't do anything about radical Islamist activists such as Anjum choudary who want to implement sharia law and make the UK an Islamic country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because we live in a country where political correctness dominates. Speaking against Choudary would likely result in you being arrested for racism (Islam is not a race, neither is any other religion.) Until we can get rid of this the threat from radical Muslims will remain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are a ****ing retard. Generalising muslims like that not all of them are terrorist and go to fight in other countries. Anyway in this article it dosent say they are in Syria or have travelled to fight for ISIS. There is no evidence to suggest this ? So what is your problem ?
Original post by 543216789

Radical preacher Anjem Choudary is set to stand trial next year for allegedly encouraging support for the Islamic State group.

Hopefully he'll be kept locked up until the trial. Though I'm not sure why he was wearing a nightshirt to a court case!
ISIS keep getting their hands on weapons from the West because they're using ISIS to weaken those who resist Zionism and Greater Israel.

Muslims are their worst enemy they are using extremists just like those right-sector fascists in Ukraine.
Original post by i<3milkshake
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34095120

They know full well what ISIS stands for by now. And yet they still go.

When you read the news about record levels of immigration recently (this week) still you have to ask;

Why does the UK have no backbone? it allows these people in who blatantly hate it. It then allows them to leave and will most likely give them a few year prison sentence at most when they return, after which they will be free to attack the UK.

Crazy. The UK is such a soft touch it is unreal. I mean if you want immigrants why can't you bring in Christians currently being persecuted across the world? Why not Atheists? Why not Jews? Why not Agnostics? Why not Buddhists? Why not Hindus? Why not Sikhs? Why not Jehovahs' Witnesses? I could go on. Bring in Eskimos for all I care-just any group who doesn't hate the UK and wish to attack it from within I wouldn't mind.

Part of me think it is a false flag operation caused by us and the Americans to take action in Syria because they lost the vote 2-3 years ago
I say let them go. In fact, why not encourage more of these terrorists to go and pay for their plane tickets and then cancel their passports after they've left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't you dare generalise Muslims. Don't speak on our behalf, the same way we don't speak on yours. When I tell you that as a Muslim, I condemn the acts of ISIS as preposterous and barbaric. I mean it.

In fact ISIS has killed far more Muslims than they have any other people. They burnt a Jordanian Muslim Pilot alive, where Islam prohibits the use of fire to torture or kill. In fact prisoners of war MUST be treated with honour.

We're all quick to point fingers at the religion, and even quicker to dismiss all the goodness that comes from it.

I hope all the ISIS scum burn to the ground, for they do not fight on behalf of my faith nor my God.

I also hope that all these people that support the actions of ISIS here in the UK face the same fate that those ill-minded terrorists will face in Syria and Iraq

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending