The Student Room Group

Bisexual girlfriend sleeping over at another bisexual girls place?

Been together for 2 years, she came out as bisexual to me a few weeks ago. She's recently been talking a lot to this bisexual girl she's going to go to uni with. She's been quite flirty with her, as she told me. Also I caught my girlfriend sending flirty snapchats to her earlier on (biting her lip etc.)How should I stand on this? They're talking about meeting up for movie nights etc. It's a really awkward situation as I don't want to come across as controlling, but I feel quite uncomfortable about this.Help?
Original post by Anonymous
Been together for 2 years, she came out as bisexual to me a few weeks ago. She's recently been talking a lot to this bisexual girl she's going to go to uni with. She's been quite flirty with her, as she told me. Also I caught my girlfriend sending flirty snapchats to her earlier on (biting her lip etc.)How should I stand on this? They're talking about meeting up for movie nights etc. It's a really awkward situation as I don't want to come across as controlling, but I feel quite uncomfortable about this.Help?

Tell her you feel uncomfortable about it. Don't tell her what to do, just see what her response is. Then you'll know better where you stand.
Reply 2
Original post by TurboCretin
Tell her you feel uncomfortable about it. Don't tell her what to do, just see what her response is. Then you'll know better where you stand.

Then she'll just say I'm being ridiculous and paranoid. The thing is she's lied to me in the past about slightly over the top conversations with other lads, and I'm a bit suspicious of her motives here. She constantly talks about this girl and is always messaging her, even when we're together. I really don't know what to think.
As a bisexual girl with multiple bi friends myself, I know that most of the time feelings between me and my bi friends remain platonic so your gf's and her friend's bisexuality are not, in themselves, reasons to be suspicious. Also, girls tend to be 'flirtier' with their friends than guys, so this could be just friendly.

However this is obviously making you uncomfortable. The best thing to do would be to be honest with her about it - keeping feelings bottled up in a relationship is never good. She should respect your feelings enough to at least have a conversation about it, and even if it does turn into an argument it's best to get it out there.
Reply 4
Are you sure this is not your wildest dream? If not see if you can join in, should be a lot of fun.
Reply 5
It sounds like a situation you may always be paranoid about with her. It could just be a bit of 'girly fun' they are having, I've had female friends (who were straight) 'flirt' with each other, so it's not a bad thing.

If you can't both trust each other, then you need to sit down and have a serious talk about how things will work out. Express your concerns, and see how she reacts. If she reacts over-the-top then perhaps you ned to reconsider things.
Just treat it the same as if it was a guy.
Original post by Anonymous
Then she'll just say I'm being ridiculous and paranoid. The thing is she's lied to me in the past about slightly over the top conversations with other lads, and I'm a bit suspicious of her motives here. She constantly talks about this girl and is always messaging her, even when we're together. I really don't know what to think.

Telling you you're overreacting might just be true from her POV. On the other hand, it might be a defensive tactic. Either way, it doesn't show much regard for your feelings. Even if you are being paranoid, she should be reassuring you that there's nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending