The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do women feel the need to sexualise themselves in public?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Errm10
I'm not sure I've ever seen a kid with a 8" penis but then again, unlike you, I don't go around measuring the penises of 5 year old boys...

Well if your penis is 8" then stop acting like some brat who feels women need to suffer for his lack of bulge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Errm10
That is an illegal practice. Consult a solicitor and take your prospective employer to court.

Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen and it's very easy to cover up and my CEO boyfriend has confirmed that it happens all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 222
Original post by Mason_
Do men have to be afraid of being raped when walking alone in the dark? No.

Do poor people have a fear of being robbed of their possessions?

Do men struggle to get into positions of power in workplaces purely because of their gender? No.

Take your employer to a tribunal.

Do men get payed less for doing the same job? No.

Do older people get more pay for having been loyal?

Do men get judged for things that women get unfairly judged for? No.

So subjective that it's now devoid of all meaning.

Do men have to stand by and watch politicians of the opposite gender make decisions that they don't understand which exclusively affect men? No.

I'm sure disabled people and minorities feel the same way.

All of these things however do happen to women, if that's not inequality I don't know what is.

None of the examples you gave above are limited to exclusively women. They affect a general cross-section of the population where some people would happen to be women.

None of your attempted examples even comes close to addressing where there is inequality and you resort to using examples of illegality (pay/jobs) or simply outright simplifications (politicians).

Try again?
But why do you feel the need to 'sexualise' their clothing?
Original post by Cpj16
we get it, you like men

Or he has class unlike you of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
i really want to understand how revealing clothes can make a woman feel sexy.please they wear it for attention period.
Reply 226
Original post by AccountingBabe
Well if your penis is 8" then stop acting like some brat who feels women need to suffer for his lack of bulge.

I thought it was because of the 8" penis that I can afford to be so candid. :wink:
Original post by Errm10

Lol they don't even compare... A man and a woman doing the exact same work for the exact same employer and the woman gets paid less.

Da*** is wrong with you? What woman turned you down so bad that you feel the need to be an absolute c*nt?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 228
Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen and it's very easy to cover up and my CEO boyfriend has confirmed that it happens all the time.

That's why you have legal remedies for it.

You can't come here and complain how there is inequality when it's up there in black and white that you are equal. and the law has provided sufficient remedies to correct where people err or fall foul.

What does your boyfriend have to do with this conversation? Am I supposed to suddenly bow down to whatever you're saying because some CEO has told you it happens?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 229
Original post by Errm10
Do poor people have a fear of being robbed of their possessions?

Take your employer to a tribunal.

So subjective that it's now devoid of all meaning.

I'm sure disabled people and minorities feel the same way.

None of the examples you gave above are limited to exclusively women. They affect a general cross-section of the population where some people would happen to be women.

None of your attempted examples even comes close to addressing where there is inequality and you resort to using examples of illegality (pay/jobs) or simply outright simplifications (politicians).

Try again?

Your comparisons are not the same thing and you know it. The above has or will affect all women at some point in their life. Where as your examples refer to a different group of people each time. And the fact that you are comparing rape to robbery is laughable. Also older people get payed more for being loyal, yeah so what? There is at least a good reason, you said it yourself - they are loyal. Men get payed more than women simply for being men. The only valid one I will accept is the disabled/minorities and politicians argument. You are still blind.
Reply 230
Lol they don't even compare... A man and a woman doing the exact same work for the exact same employer and the woman gets paid less.

Then take the employer to the tribunal. If it's a solid case, you could get thousands.

Da*** is wrong with you? What woman turned you down so bad that you feel the need to be an absolute c*nt?

I fail to see why people would claim they are unequal when there is actually no inequality, but simply what they believe to be a lack of enforceability on equal rights.
Original post by Errm10
That's why you have legal remedies for it.

You can't come here and complain how there is inequality when it's up there in black and white that you are equal. and the law has provided sufficient remedies to correct where people err or fall foul.

What does your boyfriend have to do with this conversation? Am I supposed to suddenly bow down to whatever your saying because some CEO has told you it happens?

It's near impossible to prove so that isn't a solution only a plaster fixed on a crack in the wall.

I'm not saying I disagree that there is risk associated with hiring women compared to men but women aren't given the opportunity to opt out in work contracts for maternity rights...

I feel that would be a much more appropriate solution.

But that wouldn't work for you because you would feel your superiority over women in work at risk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 232
Original post by Mason_
Your comparisons are not the same thing and you know it.

They are analogous situations and thus valid.

The above has or will affect all women at some point in their life.

I realise that and the law realises that too. That is why you have legal remedies, to correct the wrong.

Where as your examples refer to a different group of people each time.

That doesn't make their inequality any less worse.

And the fact that you are comparing rape to robbery is laughable.

Only in form, not substantively.

Also older people get payed more for being loyal, yeah so what?

That's discrimination or in other words, inequality.

There is at least a good reason, you said it yourself - they are loyal.

So a "good reason" can absolve inequality?

Men get payed more than women simply for being men. The only valid one I will accept is the disabled/minorities and politicians argument. You are still blind.

And you seem to be clutching at straws here...
Reply 233

Usually it's because women don't dare to ask for a raise.
Original post by Josb
Usually it's because women don't dare to ask for a raise.

Ahhh, so that's ok then. Glad that's cleared up.
Reply 235
It's near impossible to prove so that isn't a solution only a plaster fixed on a crack in the wall.

Are we talking about inequality or the state of my house?

I'm not saying I disagree that there is risk associated with hiring women compared to men but women aren't given the opportunity to opt out in work contracts for maternity rights...

So you're blaming the law for not giving you that right?

The law be stuck between a rock and a hard place. There is no pleasing you. Damned if it does and damned if it doesn't.

I feel that would be a much more appropriate solution.

So you want pregnant mothers to opt out of maternity rights? Are you ****ing nuts? Do you know what that will do for your gender? It will set you back at least 50 years.

But that wouldn't work for you because you would feel your superiority over women in work at risk.

I just think that you happen to have extremely poor and ill thought ideas.
Reply 236
Original post by Errm10
They are analogous situations and thus valid.

I realise that and the law realises that too. That is why you have legal remedies, to correct the wrong.

That doesn't make their inequality any less worse.

Only in form, not substantively.

That's discrimination or in other words, inequality.

So a "good reason" can absolve inequality?

And you seem to be clutching at straws here...

You realize that lawyers cost money right? Not to mention the time and hassle that legal actions take. Why should women have to go through that for things that shouldn't be happening anyway. Men don't.
Reply 237
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Ahhh, so that's ok then. Glad that's cleared up.

What's the point for an employer to hire men if they could pay women less than them? Everybody starts at the same level, then in the company, men are more greedy to reach the top.
Reply 238
Original post by Mason_
You realize that lawyers cost money right? Not to mention the time and hassle that legal actions take. Why should women have to go through that for things that shouldn't be happening anyway. Men don't.

That's because men don't give a toss and move on. If they got the job, they got the job, If they don't get the job, they go looking for another job.

If they get a raise, they get a raise. If they don't get a raise, they quit or stay. It makes no difference to us.

But no, women would rather sacrifice their rights to save time and hassle and then you wonder men think you complain too much...
Reply 239
Original post by Errm10
That's because men don't give a toss and move on. If they got the job, they got the job, If they don't get the job, they go looking for another job.

If they get a raise, they get a raise. If they don't get a raise, they quit or stay. It makes no difference to us.

But no, women would rather sacrifice their rights to save time and hassle and then you wonder men think you complain too much...

Yes because men not getting a job or a raise is not due to inequality. They don't get those things because they genuinely weren't good enough. Where as women may not get them because they have a vagina. Men don't think women complain too much. A small portion of misogynistic and stupid boys like yourself think women complain to much.

Latest

Trending

Trending