The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do women feel the need to sexualise themselves in public?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmallTownGirl
I'm not 'seeking validation' from anyone. Just because I know that in certain clothes that people may judge me or perv on me doesn't mean that's what I want to happen or that I should either accept it or change my style.

If that point is true - which you're saying is - why would women dress more revealingly on a night out than compared to going shopping for example. The answer is females want more validation on a night out because validation means success in the sexual/dating world - and a night out is where most sexual contact is.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
I'm not 'seeking validation' from anyone. Just because I know that in certain clothes that people may judge me or perv on me doesn't mean that's what I want to happen or that I should either accept it or change my style. Why is it that some people are so arrogant that they can't imagine that anyone doesn't want to know what they think of them?

And you can respect people whatever they are wearing because they are humans and what you think about their clothes is irrelevant.

That is not how society works my dear, as you wouldn't share the same level of respect to a homeless man that hasn't showered in a year.
And yes we are humans, not animals, as we were taught how to dress properly and accordingly.
There is no reason or excuse to dress provocatively in public.
Original post by Shabalala
most other men think women wearing revealing clothing can be attractive if done right (I.e not some fat 20 stone girl with rolls of fat sticking out) me included the female body is beautiful and not something that needs to be hidden away. So what gives you the right to judge and criticise what women do with their own body, more and more people are being sexually liberated these days since religion plays a smaller and smaller part in our life, people don't regard sex as a massive deal anymore it's fun and exciting so why shouldn't young men and women have sex with each other without being judged. Males and Females trying to attract each other's attention is about as old fashioned and as natural as it gets.

I would largely agree with you but to say sex isn't a massive deal anymore is wrong in my opinion. If sex wasn't a massive deal then sexual assaults would surely be looked at in the same way as an ordinary physical assault?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Phoebe-fuller
Breasts are for feeding babies.they are not a sexual organ.

so that takes me back to why do women feel they need to cover it up then? why do they let alot hang out but not everything? why is it that those nipple areas are covered? and why do they feel sensitive about it being revealed?

you can't have it both ways and then wonder why you're being judged
Original post by VergeofInsanity
so that takes me back to why do women feel they need to cover it up then? why do they let alot hang out but not everything? why is it that those nipple areas are covered? and why do they feel sensitive about it being revealed?

you can't have it both ways and then wonder why you're being judged

Because society has told them and it has been drummed into them since day one that they have to cover up and hide this part of their body. That's how I see it, anyway.
Has it ever occurred to your little brain that the media promote this behaviour and some women are not aware what they are buying into.
Original post by Xxx1234xxx
Has it ever occurred to your little brain that the media promote this behaviour and some women are not aware what they are buying into.

so women are the victims now? oh come on..
They are not conscious enough to realise the women in the media are used for this reason. They are paid to do this. Women/ people copy the media, it's everywhere, sex sells. Women are responsible for themselves, their bodies. Men are entitled to their opinion. I do not see women doing themselves any favours by dressing so provocatively.
Original post by Xxx1234xxx
Then those women are manipulative suckers who make poor life choices. No one is responsible for that other than themselves.