The Student Room Group

Maintence Grant and Tuition Fee Approved - But no maintenance loan mentioned?

Hello, this is my first post here as I am just starting higher education, but I aim to post some more : ) I do however seem to have run into a snag, with my student finance application. I am 20, turning 21 in october. I have lived independently since 16 and was self-employed until i start this year although I intend to keep some work up. Computing and systems development is my course. a HND, then i can decide if i want to do the third year or not.

My current problem appears to be that while the maintence grant and tuition fee loan got approved, there is no mention of a maintence loan. The problem is the rent will eat all the grant, leaving me with nothing else. Still staying in my same flat. Now i found out i had a letter from them stating they wanted more evidence to see if I am estranged from my parents, along side the evidence of 3 years of self support which i sent a while ago. To do this one today, I had an independant lawyer who is a father of a friend to write me a letter stating I have no contact with my dad, as I have not for a few years. I also enclosed a copy of the obituary proving my mother's death in 2013 from a ruptured aneyrism. This was requested on the same date as my approval letter??? was approved for the full grant, but no mention of the maintence loan is there yet, will that appear when I have sent my evidence? I am surprised that there has been no mention of it as usually your entitled to some anyway. It is a full time course. Is it likely it will appear when I have sent this off and its been processed? It didnt say it hasn't been approved, but is not in the list at all, when i go through the breakdown of what was approved. I am not moving into uni halls or anything, I am staying in my current flat where I have resided for the past 6 months

Thanks and i hope someone can shed light on this :smile:

Jacob
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending