The Student Room Group

PPE 2016 League table (sort of...) plus some extra info

Hi everybody

I've put together a spreadsheet with all of the Universities which offer PPE along with their respective entrance requirements, rankings and some basic info about course structure. It was originally for my own research but I thought I might as well share it in case anyone is interested.

The ranking I have given is an average calculated from the average rankings of the individual departments, given by the Guardian and the Complete University Guide league tables for 2016. The data is mostly complete, with the most notable absence being any data for the Kings College economics department on either league table.

They are ordered by the overall rank I have calculated and displayed alongside entrance requirements and some info about whether a subject can be dropped and if there is an opportunity for a dissertation.

I've tried to make the information as accurate as possible with most of it taken from individual uni websites and UCAS but if anything is amiss please tell me.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page=view&resid=BE4544F955A078AA!2703&authkey=!ACpkpzA004dsqQ0

UPDATE: I have added columns for % of applicants receiving offers, student satisfaction and starting salary with data from which.co.uk (thanks to NikolaT).

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Well, this is mildly nostalgic. I remember your table from last year, this year's looks cooler.

May I make a suggestion? www.university.which.co.uk provides the percentage of applicants who receive offers for courses with sufficient data i.e. how likely you are to receive an offer. Whilst they won't have data for the new PPE courses from LSE etc they do for most of the rest, so it might be a nice addition.
Reply 2
Original post by NikolaT
Well, this is mildly nostalgic. I remember your table from last year, this year's looks cooler.

May I make a suggestion? www.university.which.co.uk provides the percentage of applicants who receive offers for courses with sufficient data i.e. how likely you are to receive an offer. Whilst they won't have data for the new PPE courses from LSE etc they do for most of the rest, so it might be a nice addition.

Thanks for the suggestion. :smile:

Sorry to disappoint but whatever table you are referring to from last year wasn't made by me. Universities were at the very back of my mind as I recovered having completed my GCSEs but I will certainly have a look for it on here.

EDIT: I've found the one from last year and I see where the confusion came from, the thread titles are very similar but that one must be attributed to jamie890: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2704558
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by joe*s
Thanks for the suggestion. :smile:

Sorry to disappoint but whatever table you are referring to from last year wasn't made by me. Universities were at the very back of my mind as I recovered having completed my GCSEs but I will certainly have a look for it on here.

EDIT: I've found the one from last year and I see where the confusion came from, the thread titles are very similar but that one must be attributed to jamie890: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2704558

Oh, woops. I was even gonna check but I remembered the name as being similar to yours so I thought it must be the same guy :colondollar: Sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest